Enpass Discussion Forum

Some features from a new user

Hydro

Hi

I use keepass for a while but the UI is not so great for 2016 software so I take a look on Enpass and it seems great.

But I miss some usefull things like :

• Online / Self-hosted webapp : when you're on public computer and without your phone, it can be very usefull to use a webapp that everyone self host to open the database. Maybe on read-only to avoïd sync problem. Ok you're going to give a portable version but I don't go every where with an usb stick. With Keepass, we can self-host Keeweb and access to our database litteraly anywhere without portable / usb.
  • When you enter master password, it can be usefull to have an icon to see password in plain text. I've got a very long master password and if I'm wrong by typing a letter of my password I must start over.

That's it for now, thank :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @Hydro,

I apologize for the late reply, don't know how I missed that :(

Thanks for your suggestion.

On 03/10/2016 at 6:08 PM, Hydro said:

Online / Self-hosted webapp : when you're on public computer and without your phone, it can be very usefull to use a webapp that everyone self host to open the database. Maybe on read-only to avoïd sync problem. Ok you're going to give a portable version but I don't go every where with an usb stick. With Keepass, we can self-host Keeweb and access to our database litteraly anywhere without portable / usb.

Sorry to say but at the moment we don't have any plans to implement online Web App.

On 03/10/2016 at 6:08 PM, Hydro said:
  • When you enter master password, it can be usefull to have an icon to see password in plain text. I've got a very long master password and if I'm wrong by typing a letter of my password I must start over.

I have note down your suggestion and forwarded to dev team for their consideration.

Cheers!

the problem of a self-hosted web app is that it's open source, and well enpass surely isnt, but it may be possible to code something yourself. on github there is an enpass opener which could be used to open the DB and then read it somehow.

• 2 weeks later...