Enpass Discussion Forum

How to move items between vaults?

Moaske

I have been using the search function here, but couldn't find anything regarding my question... so forgive me if it was here somewhere already.

But since Enpass 6 supports multiple vaults, I was planning to start separate my private and work-related password items into separate vaults, so I'll be able to share said work vault with colleagues. Has anyone here done the same and how did you proceed in realising that?
Is there an export function on item level that I missed, or is duplicating the vault a better way (and subsequently cleaning out each vault for appropriate items?).

Any advice highly appreciated :)

Edited by Moaske

Select Origin Vault. Select Password(s). Right mouse button. Bottom of list you find: "Add to Vault". New internal frame appears with destination vault selector (in case you have more than two vaults) plus two migration options: "move/copy". 

Edited by remosito
  • Thanks 1

Hey @Moaske 

20 hours ago, Moaske said:

so I'll be able to share said work vault with colleagues. Has anyone here done the same and how did you proceed in realising that?

Using the cloud synchronization, you can share your vault with the other members using Enpass. You need to sync your vault with a cloud account, and the other member will also have to use the same cloud account to restore or synchronize the data to their vault.

Before sharing a vault, please keep these points in mind:

• You’d have to share the login details of cloud account with each member so that they can restore the database from the cloud.
  • All the members will have full access to the shared vault, and they can read/write or even change the vault password of the shared database.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @Moaske 

Using the cloud synchronization, you can share your vault with the other members using Enpass. You need to sync your vault with a cloud account, and the other member will also have to use the same cloud account to restore or synchronize the data to their vault.

Before sharing a vault, please keep these points in mind:

• You’d have to share the login details of cloud account with each member so that they can restore the database from the cloud.
  • All the members will have full access to the shared vault, and they can read/write or even change the vault password of the shared database.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Anshu kumar

I'm aware of the sharing risk, so that's why I want to make sure that I have a vault with ONLY the work-related items in there (and not also my private banking stuff for instance) :)
But thanks for the suggestions.

4 hours ago, remosito said:

Select Origin Vault. Select Password(s). Right mouse button. Bottom of list you find: "Add to Vault". New internal frame appears with destination vault selector (in case you have more than two vaults) plus two migration options: "move/copy". 

Thanks for the clear explanation @remosito