Enpass Discussion Forum

Steam TOTP Support

Hitman

Steam implements TOTP with a different alphabet. The basic algorithm seems to be the same as usual TOTP, but the representation of the token is different. An example implementation can be found here: https://gist.github.com/mooop12/1af7f0ffc8f28ea76f27abcba1e6da01

It would be cool if Enpass added support for these token types (maybe even as part of Enpass 6? :-) )
To not clutter the UI, maybe you could take the road of Bitwarden which uses a URL scheme to support different token types (no schema = default TOTP token, special token however could be steam://xyz123abc456).

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also would love to use Enpass to log into Steam and get rid of the Steam App (that I only use to generate the 2FA codes).
This feature would be a good argument for me to switch to Enpass.
And many of my friends are games that also would love to have such a feature. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey All,

Thanks for letting us know that you would like to see support for the Steam TOTP. Significant user demand is a big factor that determines our priorities for new features.  We really appreciate you for exploring the app and giving time in finding this valuable suggestion. The suggestion has already been forwarded to the development team.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...