Enpass Discussion Forum

Chrome extension 6.0

norlue

Dear enpass team,

this morning my Chrome extension of Enpass was updated automatically to 6.0 and is no longer working with traditional win32 version:

Extension is showing message:

Extension is unable to connect with Enpass

You are using an older version of Enpass. The extension requires Enpass version 6.0.0 or later be installed first.

If I press update button and the download page of Enapss opens:

Traditional Win32

- Requires Windows 7 or later
     - Latest version: v5.6.9

Checking updates with desktop version, does not show any updates!

!!! Now I am unable to use Enpass with Chrome !!!

[EDIT 11/27/2018 - 7:22 AM]

Enpass extension is no longer available in Chrome web store. Link from intalled extension ends up in 404 error: Website not found

Edited by norlue
Update

Good morning,

I've the same problem over here. I usually use Enpass on a productive system so I can't switch over to your beta program. Is there any possibility to downgrade the Chrome plugin? Furthermore it seems that your extension page on the Chrome web store under https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kmcfomidfpdkfieipokbalgegidffkal is missing. Can I download a functional version for your extension?

Regards,

Mew

image.png.cc5b6c05b48111f4b5c001e4dae3e774.png

Edited by mew

11 minutes ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hey guys, 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

There is some technical issue with our end which we have already fixed. So please update the Enpass extension and let me know if the problem persists.

Cheers!

Thank you, Anshu! :-)

• Like 1

Decided to try Enpass today if it could replace my 1Password subscription. I installed the Bridged version (I think) and not the 10dollar UWP one. Installed the Chrome extension. Now when I try to click the extension it just says i need to update my Enpass desktop app but there is no updates available.

The chrome extension seems to be version 5.X and the Enpass app is 6.X

Hey guys,

19 hours ago, Pete said:

Still not working for me with Chrome, but works fine with Firefox.

4 hours ago, inffy said:

Decided to try Enpass today if it could replace my 1Password subscription. I installed the Bridged version (I think) and not the 10dollar UWP one. Installed the Chrome extension. Now when I try to click the extension it just says i need to update my Enpass desktop app but there is no updates available.

The chrome extension seems to be version 5.X and the Enpass app is 6.X

I would like to share that Chrome web store does not allow two different channels (beta and production) for the same extension, so we have to publish beta as a separate extension. Please install the beta Enpass browser extension for Chrome browser from this link and let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks!

17 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hey guys,

I would like to share that Chrome web store does not allow two different channels (beta and production) for the same extension, so we have to publish beta as a separate extension. Please install the beta Enpass browser extension for Chrome browser from this link and let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks!

I know that, I've been using the Beta for awhile now (probably the day it was released). It was working just fine until the latest Chrome version got updated, now it won't connect. I've tried uninstalling reinstalling etc still nothing. During the connection attempt, it loads the program, then error it couldn't connect. I'm not the only one this is happening to either.

• 4 weeks later...