Enpass Discussion Forum

Latest Enpass 6 beta for Mac is now available!

Gajender Singh

2 hours ago, MilesTEG said:

I managed to get the lastest beta working, but what a pain in the ass...

Yeah, this was a bit of a botched roll-out. Things don't always go smoothly with betas (the price you pay for helping test software), but this one has been rough.

2 hours ago, MilesTEG said:

Why made you the last beta version erase the Enpass5 data ?

At some point they have to test the process of upgrading from the current public version, to be sure it goes smoothly for people who are not part of the beta. This appears to be that test. (Having said that, Enpass 5 is actually prompting users of the production version to upgrade to this beta — which is definitely not ready for those users! I hope the Enpass team is ready for an influx of upset support tickets — I feel bad for you guys!)

Edited by 100 Watt Walrus
  • Like 2

Hi,

for my iCloud Sync is not working:

• I setup Enpass 6 Beta on iOS and synced it to iCloud
  • After that I installed Enpass 6 Beta on MacOS and tried setting up iCloud sync as well, but I get an error message after the authorisation

image.png.f1fcb839c9942f5bc0df0a1e98631958.png

But on my iPhone it looks like the sync worked (sorry, phone is set to German, Mac to English)

:IMG_0051.thumb.PNG.1a3f59631ee9bf2ae1158630da9495e4.PNG

Anybody experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,

Michael

2 hours ago, Bibon said:

On my second screen, the enpass window come out of the screen when I call it from the chrome toolbar button.
Maybe there is a problem with the management of different screen resolutions (retina + non-retina screens) ?

Sans titre-1.jpg

Hi @Bibon,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please share the screen resolutions so that we can investigate further.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, mkloeffer said:

Hi,

for my iCloud Sync is not working:

• I setup Enpass 6 Beta on iOS and synced it to iCloud
  • After that I installed Enpass 6 Beta on MacOS and tried setting up iCloud sync as well, but I get an error message after the authorisation

image.png.f1fcb839c9942f5bc0df0a1e98631958.png

But on my iPhone it looks like the sync worked (sorry, phone is set to German, Mac to English)

:IMG_0051.thumb.PNG.1a3f59631ee9bf2ae1158630da9495e4.PNG

Anybody experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi @mkloeffer,

Please make sure that you are running the latest betas on both devices. Latest version for iOS:- 6.0.0(178) and Mac OS:- Enpass6.0.0(250). Please let me know if the problem still persists.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, heimi said:

I tried the Beta in October but it was not possible to import 1Password data in any way. I emailed the bug to betabugs@enpass.io. Seems as if this Bug is still not addressed. It is still impossible to import a 1PIF file exported from 1Password into Enpass. There is a short error message immediately shown that says: "Something went wrong, Error -9998".

When will it be possible to import 1Password Export files ? Is there any way to overcome this ? My 1Passwort file contains app 800 password. It also contains a few attachments (png Files).

It seems that you are using the previous Enpass beta version. Please download the latest beta version (6.0.0.250) from this link and then try to import the data and let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks!

Hi Enpass Team,

I have two bug reports for the latest Enpass 6 Beta for Mac:

1) Keyboard Shortcut to open Enpass Assistant forces US-QWERTY Keyboard-Layout
When you configure a shortcut to open the Enpass Assistant on Mac, once you set the key-combination Enpass will only recognize the correct key for the US-QWERTY keyboard layout. E.g. I have configured my shortcut to be CMD+ALT+-, but on a German keyboard, I have to press CMD+ALT+ß, because that's where the hyphen-key would be on QWERTY.

2) Fullscreen goes back to Windowed-Mode when swiping between apps/screens
When you run Enpass in macOS' native fullscreen mode, i.e. hidden dock, title bar and menu bar, swipe to a different application, and return to Enpass, the Enpass will resize to the default window size and go back to Desktop 0.

Kind Regards,
Sven aka niemalsnever

49 minutes ago, Ankur Gupta said:

Hi @mkloeffer,

Please make sure that you are running the latest betas on both devices. Latest version for iOS:- 6.0.0(178) and Mac OS:- Enpass6.0.0(250). Please let me know if the problem still persists.

Thanks.

Hi,

just downloaded the newest build again and this time it worked!

Thanks a lot 

Michael

Edited by mkloeffer

Same issue here:

Latest Beta on IOS installed and worked flawless.

Beta 250 on MacOs 10.14.2: No information for Sync found for this icloud account????

So what to do?

For the moment i stay with the old 220 on MacOs.

BTW: Is the new Beta Assistant for Safari working with Safari 122? It is not mentioned in the description.

I am having trouble with the new enpass browser extension on Chrome.  I have installed it and enabled it but I still get this error.  I am using it on a Macbook Pro using Mojava 10.14.1 on the Google Chrome browser.  When I go to the 'review browser' options - it shows no browsers in the list of those trying to establish a connection - so its like it isn't recognizing it.  

Please advise!

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.15.12 AM.png

Edited by carrieven

19 minutes ago, carrieven said:

Thank you - when I use that extension - I get this error message - which is the same message I was getting before installing the latest version of the app.  

I´ve got the same message because i had running v5 and v6 at the same time. After closing v5 it worked for me.

Edited by Hasso Schwerthelm

Hi @carrieven,

Please uninstall the V6 (220) app it has been discontinued and will not receive further updates.

If issue still persists, kindly share the following info so that we can investigate the issue:-

1. Mac OS version.
  2. Enpass Chrome Extension Version.
  3. While running the Enpass app, Open Terminal and run the command "lsof -i:10391" and share the outptut.

Thanks.

I installed v6 beta 250 for a 2nd time after wiping every trace of previous betas off my system, Importing from 1Password worked. Not only that, attachments were imported properly; thank you very much!

A pair of interrelated bugs to report:

1. Changing data location would prevent me from logging in the next time Enpass is launched. Always gives me the "incorrect password" error.

2. Changing backup location would cause the same problem.

In the latest Beta of Enpass the Safari Extension misses the feature to set a hotkey for inserting passwords. Only the global key is possible, which doesn't fill passwords into the currently displayed field. It only opens the overview of all my passwords.

In the previous version there was a field for setting the hotkey for Safari:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-02 um 08.31.31.png