Enpass Discussion Forum

A new beta for Android is now available with bunch of new features, bug fixes and quality improvements

Gajender Singh

3 hours ago, Binh Truong said:

Thanks. I can restore my data on Win PC.

Can i restore data on iOS with new change? I am using WinPC and Enpass beta on iOS.

Hi,

Sorry, once the database is upgraded to v6, it can't be downgraded or restored into Enpass 5 or previous versions. But you don't have to wait a long as the new beta for iOS has already been submitted to App Store and is under review.

I appreciate your patience.

1 hour ago, ubna said:

Iimage003.png

Hi,

Cheers! You got the most of the things.

I want to throw some more light on this. The stable Enpass 5 app will sync only with the stable versions, not with any beta update.

Now coming to Enpass 6 beta which was released as a separate standalone app.  It will sync data to a different path on your cloud account, and support syncing only with the Enpass 6 Beta standalone apps across devices.

Finally comes the yesterday's beta update. It was exclusively for Enpass 5 and installed over the current Enpass 5 app. It will sync only with the latest beta versions available for Android and desktops (More platforms will be added soon). You can check the complete list here.

Apart from this, I would like to share that from now onwards the previously released Enpass 6 Beta standalone app will no longer receive any beta updates. So we recommend you to take a backup of its data and uninstall it from your device. This will leave only one Enpass app on your device, making the things more clear and comfortable.

I was able to uninstall the .91 app, backup the .75 Beta locally, and reinstall the .91 app and load from the local backup. However, I am not able to setup sync with either Dropbox or OneDrive. That is some progress. I will now try using it and manually transfer any changes since the Beta testing. 

One big question: if there is a backup function for a vault, why isn't there a restore? This is a big question for the primary vault.

Similar to other users, I also cannot get syncing to work (specifically, I use Google Drive). I'm using x.91 version of the app without any other versions of the Beta installed on my Android 9 device.

On selecting Google Drive, I'm shown the Google authentication page, where I accept. I am then redirected back to the Enpass App (and prompted for my fingerprint) to return to the sync activity, that switches the dropdown back to 'None'.

Edited by JERobertson

9 hours ago, mrSLK said:

For some reason it's not showing any update on my playstore for Enpass Beta (yes I already part of Beta user in case anybody asked) 

Thanks 

ps: you can trust apkmirror for getting genuine/unmodified apks

Edited by semi_mod
External link to website.

Hey @ubna

2 hours ago, ubna said:

ps: you can trust apkmirror for getting genuine/unmodified apks

I strongly recommend you to install Enpass from Google Play Store only as installing from other websites or stores might put you in trouble of security risk like data theft. Apps on Store are signed with developer certificates and delivery through it assures that software is genuine and not tempered.  So it's recommended to download Enpass from Google Play Store only.

Thanks for your understanding!

Okay Guys, I'm happy to see a new version of Enpass. I like it very much so far.
Is this the thread where I can post problems with beta? There is still no bug tracker ;)

I'm on Android 7.1 and updated from latest stable to 6.0.0.91 from Playstore.

• Seems like the automatic (I think there is one) database transition is not working, at least for me.
    App is doing something (spinner is spinning), then app is crashing
    after a new start I have to give my master password but there are no entries in the standard vault
  • I can't find a option to manually import my old V5 database
    so there is a empty enpass for me UPDATE BREAKER
  • A manual Import option is missing
    For me it feels like there should be an option in Settings -> Vaults -> vaultName -> Import
  • Vault info should probably show some file name on sync target(??)
  • A option to override the device language and use english would be very cool - now I stuck in german

Desktop app 6.0.0 (149) (Fedora linux)

• is still using the Enpass6-Beta directory so I can't test the sync
Edited by Andre Dierker
I LIKE TO EDIT
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mrSLK said:

For some reason it's not showing any update on my playstore for Enpass Beta (yes I already part of Beta user in case anybody asked) 

To join our beta program please follow these steps:

•  Open Google Play Store --> Open the Enpass page and scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll find the option Become A Beta Tester.
  • Tap Join now button.

Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, ubna said:

@Vikram Dabas @Gajender Singh it would be great, if this issue is addressed.

Sorry to hear about this. Please provide the following details to help us investigate the issue:

• Device you use.
  • The error message you are getting while enabling fingerprint.
  • Have you installed any custom ROM on your device?

17 hours ago, JERobertson said:

Similar to other users, I also cannot get syncing to work (specifically, I use Google Drive). I'm using x.91 version of the app without any other versions of the Beta installed on my Android 9 device.

On selecting Google Drive, I'm shown the Google authentication page, where I accept. I am then redirected back to the Enpass App (and prompted for my fingerprint) to return to the sync activity, that switches the dropdown back to 'None'.

Hi,

Apologies for the trouble. We are aware of some issues in the sync functionality and are working to get everything back up and running again normally ASAP. We appreciate your patience while we work through this. Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi,

Apologies for the trouble. We are aware of some issues in the sync functionality and are working to get everything back up and running again normally ASAP. We appreciate your patience while we work through this. Thanks.

I'm also having sync problems with Dropbox and iCloud.

1) Enpass redirects me to dropboxq/icloud to approve the sync. 2) I approve the sync on Dropbox/icloud website. 3) Dropbox/icloud redirects me back to Enpass 6 on Android. 4) Enpass appears to be syncing for a few seconds, but then reverts back to initial "new vault" setup with no sync calibrated. 

i'm using Meizu Pro 6 running FlymeOS 6.3.0.0G

[Update] Syncing the same vault on Nexus 5X worked ok, so I guess the problem depends on phone type.

Edited by mjeshurun

4 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi,

Having the same issue with Google Drive sync (drop down goes back to None); Galaxy S8 running Android 8.0.0. 

Hope the fix comes soon..

7 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Sorry to hear about this. Please provide the following details to help us investigate the issue:

• Device you use.
  • The error message you are getting while enabling fingerprint.
  • Have you installed any custom ROM on your device?
  • Redmi Note 4
  • Failed to encrypt the data with the generated key - toast error
  • Yes, I'm using my own build as i do not trust OEMs ROM and do not know what they are tracking from the device

I have set Enpass to lock immediately when going to the background but when switching back to it, I can briefly see last opened page before unlock screen kicks in. It's a fraction of a second but I bet you can grab it. V5 didn't have this issue. I'm on S9 Oreo.

Edited by krisq
  • Like 1

Well, today the Windows 10 app and Edge extension updated to V6 and it all went smoothly, including automatic update and conversion of the V5 database.

I am using Enpass V6 on my Android, but have not been able to sync with any of the services I tried (Dropbox and OneDrive). When trying OneDrive, it appears to go to the live.com site to try to sign in, but then seems to redirect to auth.enpass.io immediately and then returns back to the app immediately.

There was a note earlier that Enpass is aware of sync setup issues and they are being worked, so I hope this is resolved shortly.

Thanks, Jeff