Gajender Singh

A new beta for Android is now available with bunch of new features, bug fixes and quality improvements

Hi @Vikram Dabas (You sent me a personal message, but the forum wouldn't allow me to respond, something about being blacklisted!).

(Also relevant to anyone having issues with doing a cloud-sync).

Going to Enpass Settings > Security, I disabled "Lock on Leave" and set the Autolock to "5 minutes". Now when I try to set up cloud-sync, the Enpass redirects me to Google/Microsoft/Etc as per usual, and on returning to the app it is still unlocked, allowing it to correctly finalise the syncing procedure. You can change your autolock settings back after this if you want.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Tagging those that have reported a similar issue @Sleeepy2 @Mateusz @mjeshurun @MikeR @JeffB

Edited by JERobertson
Tagging those with the issue.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JERobertson said:

Hi @Vikram Dabas (You sent me a personal message, but the forum wouldn't allow me to respond, something about being blacklisted!).

Going to Enpass Settings > Security, I disabled "Lock on Leave" and set the Autolock to "5 minutes". Now when I try to set up cloud-sync, the Enpass redirects me to Google/Microsoft/Etc as per usual, and on returning to the app it is still unlocked, allowing it to correctly finalise the syncing procedure. You can change your autolock settings back after this if you want.

Edit: Tagging those that have reported a similar issue @Sleeepy2 @Mateusz @mjeshurun @MikeR @JeffB

Thanks JERobertson,

Unfortunately, the solution of changing the Autolock setting is not working in my case, because I'm trying to restore my primary vault from the cloud and getting to Enpass settings is only available till after the primary vault is already set.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:00 PM, JeffB said:

Well, today the Windows 10 app and Edge extension updated to V6 and it all went smoothly, including automatic update and conversion of the V5 database.

I am using Enpass V6 on my Android, but have not been able to sync with any of the services I tried (Dropbox and OneDrive). When trying OneDrive, it appears to go to the live.com site to try to sign in, but then seems to redirect to auth.enpass.io immediately and then returns back to the app immediately.

There was a note earlier that Enpass is aware of sync setup issues and they are being worked, so I hope this is resolved shortly.

Thanks, Jeff 

I have been using Enpass V6 on my Android V7.0 phone successfully since 11/30 and it has been working very well. Sync is smooth between PC and phone on OneDrive, my preferred cloud, but I am sure it will work with others since I tested earlier with Dropbox. 

I had reported slowness with signing in with Fingerprint security, but I have notice that it is the same when using the Master Password, so it is not the fingerprint processing that is slow, but is a general slowness with V6. I don't know if that can be improved but I hope so; it is at least 3 times longer than V5 (over 3 seconds on my phone). 

However, V6 features and functions are really appreciated, and I am confident the team will continue to improve the product that is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

On 12/1/2018 at 4:37 PM, JERobertson said:

thanks this worked for me 

If I can suggest an improvement to the password generation algorithm here. This is based on experience with some sites that do NOT allow special characters. It would be great to have a separator of NONE. And then if uppercase is selected, each word segment would have an initial capital (camel notation). Alternatively,  separator of DIGIT would put random digits as separators. This would make the process easier and there would be less post-generation edits on the password. 

Another observation: I have seen a few websites over the last few days that require the password to be between 8 and 20 characters. That is not the best implementation, but that is what I was experiencing.

Thanks, Jeff

Edited by JeffB

I am using the Android Beta and Autofilling in the App Payback does not work. Enpass fills the Email in both the login name and password field.

It is this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.payback.client.android

Enpass Android version 6.0.0.98

And another suggestion:

Could you maybe rename the "Move to Trash" option just to "Delete" and make the Trash folder more visible?