Enpass Discussion Forum

A new beta for Traditional Windows is now available with bunch of new features, bug fixes and quality improvements

Gajender Singh

Guest Vikram Dabas
5 hours ago, Danny said:

I have purchased Pro Version in 2016. Now I want to use Dark Mode on Win7. What can I do to activate Dark Mode on Win7 when there is no store version???

Hi,

Dark Theme along with Windows Hello, Custom Categories, and Templates is a part of premium features which you would need to buy from the Windows Store.

I can't get the browser extension to work.

Basically I get the "Looking for Enpass App…", message followed by "Enpass Assistant is unable to connect with the Enpass app"

I'm running the traditional Windows desktop enpass application 6.0.0 (198), Firefox 63.0.3 with Enpass plugin 6.0.0.56b, Chrome 70.0.3538.110 with Enpass plugin 6.0.0.56.

"Enable Browser Extensions" is checked is Enpass settings.

I've tried with both "Authorize Browsers with Verified Code Signatures Only" checked and Unchecked.

Other problems:

Enpass 5 allowed you to reconfigure the Icon in the Notification area from a dark icon to a light icon. I can't find this setting in Enpass 6.

Finally, is it possible to purchase te Premium Features (e.g. Custom templates) for the traditional Windows app?

Matthew

A very smooth transition for me; installed as expected and all my old data appeared correctly in the new program. One bug report to make however: if I leave the main window open on my desktop, the whole window seems to 'refresh' every ten seconds or so and causes the select item to switch to two below the previously selected item. (Windows Traditional)

It's pretty weird, watching it arbitrarily scroll down the list every now and then.

Edit: I've now noticed that it may be every time that Enpass attempts to sync with the cloud. On completion of a sync, the whole screen refreshes and the selected item changes by one or two. There may have previously been a bug with constant refreshing, but I'm unsure about that.

Edited by JERobertson

6 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi,

Dark Theme along with Windows Hello, Custom Categories, and Templates is a part of premium features which you would need to buy from the Windows Store.

Features which are free on Mac (where you could do this with the Mac AppStore) and Linux are paid features on windows? Good bye Enpass!

On Windows, Enpass fails to create backups of vault(s) containing attachments.

• Add an attachment to an item (in my instance it was a login)
  • Go to Settings -> Vaults -> [Your vault] -> Backup now
  • Enpass says that the backup has been created but it's not true
  • Also auto backups are not performed

Note: on Linux everything works fine. Not tested on Mac.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi,

Can this premium feature be bought during the beta?

I can´t find it on the Windows Store.

• Like 1

Guest Vikram Dabas
12 hours ago, Roger said:

Can this premium feature be bought during the beta?

I can´t find it on the Windows Store.

Actually, the beta versions of Enpass for Windows 10 and Edge extension are distributed through PackageFlight, and we require your Microsoft Account ID to add you as a tester. To get the update, please join our Beta Program here.

Also, the beta versions are free through PackageFlight and will not prompt you to pay.

22 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi,

Just to be sure:

• I had Enpass 5 Pro Version and need to purchase Pro again for Version 6? 
  • On Win7 there is no store to purchase Pro features.

Guest Vikram Dabas
8 minutes ago, Danny said:

Just to be sure:

• I had Enpass 5 Pro Version and need to purchase Pro again for Version 6? 
  • On Win7 there is no store to purchase Pro features. 

Hi,

No. Enpass 6 will be rolled out as a free update to the existing Enpass 5 app and will restore your previous purchase.

Also, the minimum requirement to install the Enpas Store app (With Pro features) is Windows 10. But since you are using the Win7, so at the moment you can only install the Enpass website version which unfortunately doesn't offer any Pro features.

1 hour ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi,

No. Enpass 6 will be rolled out as a free update to the existing Enpass 5 app and will restore your previous purchase.

Also, the minimum requirement to install the Enpas Store app (With Pro features) is Windows 10. But since you are using the Win7, so at the moment you can only install the Enpass website version which unfortunately doesn't offer any Pro features.

Thanks for clearing this. One last question: I´m running Enpass Beta on 2 PC (win10 and Win 7) and Android. So I don´t have Enpass 5.69 installed on any devices. When Enpass 6 is officially launchend, do I have to uninstall the Beta and install Enpass 5.69 in order to keep my Pro Version?  Would it be better to uninstall the Beta versions, because I think 5.69 will not be available anylonger when 6 is out...

Edited by Danny

Guest Vikram Dabas
4 hours ago, athnndnly said:

My non-beta Windows app prompted me to update to v6 today but it won't let me log in after updating. As seen in the screenshot, it says there was an issue in upgrading the data. Whatever that means. Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

That's really strange. We might need to take a different look into it, and we require help from your side. It might help us solve the mystery.

Please follow the steps given below and let us know if the issue gets resolved:

• Quit the Enpass app, even from the system tray.
  • Go to Documents > Enpass folder > Rename it. In case, if you have changed the default location of Enpass data then go to that location and rename the Enpass folder.
  • Open Enpass, and it will show the Welcome screen. Click I am a New User and create a new database.
  • If all things go well, then go to Enpass Settings > Advanced > Erase everything.
  • Again the Welcome screen appears, click Backup File under the From this PC > Locate the Enpass 5 data (From the folder which you renamed earlier) > Enter Master Password and Done.

6 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Actually, the beta versions of Enpass for Windows 10 and Edge extension are distributed through PackageFlight, and we require your Microsoft Account ID to add you as a tester. To get the update, please join our Beta Program here.

Also, the beta versions are free through PackageFlight and will not prompt you to pay.

It´s really a mess there with the Enpass versions. If i go to https://www.microsoft.com/sv-se/p/enpass-password-manager/9nj3kmh29vgj the version i find has the date according to the microsoft site 2017-08-10, it says nothing about beta. One other version that i own is no longer aviable. (Äger=Own)

I am using Win 10 (1809)

I did join the beta yesterday but there seems to be a problem getting the correct app. It would be great with a "how-to" or a simple link in the mail i got. I have been on other betas and download links or how-to are always provided.

Related question:
Will the premium functions only be aviable to the Enpass versions found on the Microsoft Store? My findings are that the versions found on the Microsoft Store are always older than the Desktop versions. So if those features are Microsoft-Store-Only the latest versions must be aviable there as well. If not it will be a no-show.

versions.PNG

Edited by Roger
  • Like 1

Guest Vikram Dabas
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Thanks for clearing this. One last question: I´m running Enpass Beta on 2 PC (win10 and Win 7) and Android. So I don´t have Enpass 5.69 installed on any devices. When Enpass 6 is officially launchend, do I have to uninstall the Beta and install Enpass 5.69 in order to keep my Pro Version?  Would it be better to uninstall the Beta versions, because I think 5.69 will not be available anylonger when 6 is out...

Hi,

As mentioned in the previous post that the official release of Enpass 6 will be rolled out over the current Enpass 5 app. So in case if you are still using the Enpass 6 beta standalone app, then I recommend you take a back of its data and uninstall it.

Install the latest Enpass beta (rolled over Enpass 5 app) and restore your data. It will help you as all the further beta updates along with the Enpass 6 official version will be rolled over this recent update.

12 minutes ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi,

As mentioned in the previous post that the official release of Enpass 6 will be rolled out over the current Enpass 5 app. So in case if you are still using the Enpass 6 beta standalone app, then I recommend you take a back of its data and uninstall it.

Install the latest Enpass beta (rolled over Enpass 5 app) and restore your data. It will help you as all the further beta updates along with the Enpass 6 official version will be rolled over this recent update.

Honestly I cant´t follow anymore. I have Enpass 6.0.0.198 from the link of yesterday in this post. Do I need to uninstall it? I never found a way to update Enpass 5.69 on my PCs to the beta version, so I uninstalled Enpass 5.69 month ago.... Gpoing back to Enpass 5.69 will lead to losing the newly created items in my Vaults.....

On Android there is just one version, that´s ok and quite simple to handle. But on Windows I´m totally lost in confusion :-))

Edited by Danny
  • Like 1

Guest Vikram Dabas
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Honestly I cant´t follow anymore. I have Enpass 6.0.0.198 from the link of yesterday in this post. Do I need to uninstall it? I never found a way to update Enpass 5.69 on my PCs to the beta version, so I uninstalled Enpass 5.69 month ago.... Gpoing back to Enpass 5.69 will lead to losing the newly created items in my Vaults.....

On Android there is just one version, that´s ok and quite simple to handle. But on Windows I´m totally lost in confusion :-))

Hi,

I am really sorry that the things become a little messy.  You don't need to uninstall the v6.0.0.198. You are using the correct app and please continue with this same.