Enpass Discussion Forum

A new beta for Traditional Windows is now available with bunch of new features, bug fixes and quality improvements

Gajender Singh

3 hours ago, PepeCZ said:

Guys please is in this beta version works without any problem OneDrive Sync?

I tested first testing release Enpass6, and OneDrive Sync not worked, so I switch back on last stable release Enpass5.

Having battled the insanity of the Enpass release process, once I got the current beta installed from the Store on my PCs, along with the beta on my Android phone, the OneDrive sync has worked without issue.

As always, YMMV :)

I have very successfully install Enpass V6.0.197.0 on my primary machine running Windows 10 17763.167 as well as the Edge extension. They both work very well, it appears better than V5. However, I have also trying V6.0.197.0 on my test machine running the insider build 18290, and while the password manager installs from the Store, it throws an error complaining about a DLL. I am sure this will be low priority with the ongoing work for the production versions, but I wanted to pass along for future reference. It may be something with the OS or with the app. A screen shot of the error message is included. Thx

EnpassV6Win10V18290.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2018 at 7:12 AM, Vikram Dabas said:

Actually, the beta versions of Enpass for Windows 10 and Edge extension are distributed through PackageFlight, and we require your Microsoft Account ID to add you as a tester. To get the update, please join our Beta Program here.

Also, the beta versions are free through PackageFlight and will not prompt you to pay.

O.k, don´t get me wrong here but i have seen this PackageFlight this and PackageFlight that being repeated everywhere so i assume that is an important way to distribute Enpass.

If the PackageFlight distrubution is so important you need to shape up and i will give you a couple of examples:

1. If i log into the Microsoft Store now i see Enpass with the old light blue icon and when i look at the date it is dated back to 2017-08-10. So for me as an end user i interpret that as this is definitely not the beta version of 6.0. I tired to download it on my laptop yesterday night and though it has the old icon and is dated back to 2017-08-10 it is the beta of version 6.0 that gets installed. How does this even make any sense?
  2. The version i got was 6.0.0 (197) while the desktop version i can download here is 6.0.0 (198) so of course there was things that were missing from the PackageFlight version.
  3. Ok, this is beta but when i bought version 5 in Microsoft Store a couple of weeks ago i noticed the same thing, the PackageFlight version vas older than the desktop version i can download from https://www.enpass.io/downloads. The goal shall of course be that no matter how i acquire the software i get should be the very same version.
  4. For now i cannot even get Enpass 5 from Microsoft Store, i get the Beta version of Enpass 6... How is that even possible that a customer that buy Enpass today by default get a beta version of Enpass?

So, i get that the PackageFlight is how you want to distribute Enpass for Windows users to sell them premium features. I have absolute no problems with that per se, but i do have problems with that if i buy premium features and download and buy through PackageFlight i will not get the latest version of Enpass. How premium is that?

Premium for me is the same version no matter how i acquire it, be it from https://www.enpass.io/downloads or from Microsoft Store. If premium means older versions on Microsoft Store i will definitely pass on the premium features.

I think it´s odd to push for PackageFlight so much when all we get is actually older versions.

Care to explain? :)

image.png.b40aa90f48877c62c90e9f058cbad8f5.png

image.png.2fb9a18b779c6eca3f0b009b61b589bd.png

• Like 1

PackageFlight is a Microsoft Store API to allow developers to send out beta updates\new feature updates\previews etc. to selected users without interfering with other existing users of the App.

It is not dissimilar to the "beta versions are available" toggle in Android play apart from the end user can't toggle it, just the developer\supplier.

So most of the criticisms are really criticisms of how Microsoft have implemented this feature in Store.

Matthew

Hello,

I have installed the traditional Windows App through the Windows Store and i am using Enpass on my Surface Tablet and on my Windows 10 Desktop PC. The Browser Extension for Edge does not work properly with touch, at least if i double tap on an entry to autofill it into a website. Double Tap with my finger on the entry does nothing. Double clicking with my mouse on the entry works well and autofills the informations.

Software Versions:
Windows 10 Version 17763.167 x64
Microsoft Edge Version 44.17763.1.0
Enpass (Windows Store) 6.0.197.0
Enpass for Microsoft Edge Extension 6.0.0.0

Here is a Video which describes the Problem:

I open the Enpass Extension and first i try to enter the Enpass Entry into the Login field by tapping onto it with my finger several times (see the big visual dots). It does not work. After this i just double click with my mouse on the Entry and it is instantly filled into the fields.

enpass.gif

Edited by luga

After some hurdles regarding the update from v5 to v6 over the Microsoft Store (had to manually restore the database from my old v6 beta from my phone since I wasn't using v5 anymore), I'm glad to see many improvements. 

Unfortunately, Windows Hello still seems quite slow compared to Windows log in and, more importantly, Enpass still asks for master password after restart. I'd really like an option to use only Windows Hello. That's what it's for, after all. 

Hey @luga,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

20 hours ago, luga said:

I have installed the traditional Windows App through the Windows Store and i am using Enpass on my Surface Tablet and on my Windows 10 Desktop PC. The Browser Extension for Edge does not work properly with touch, at least if i double tap on an entry to autofill it into a website. Double Tap with my finger on the entry does nothing. Double clicking with my mouse on the entry works well and autofills the informations.

I have noted it down and hopefully, it will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks for your co-operation.

28 minutes ago, jbn75 said:

Is the "Restore from backup" functionality working in Enpass v6.0.0.197? I have somehow ended up with a very old version of my vault.

I'm not seeing any "restore" option in this new version.

You can delete this post. I figured it out. Had to change the auto-backup path. Thanks!

Since today the following error occurs:

After being idle for 5 minutes, the app locks itself. When I want to use it the next time, my key-combination doesn´t bring the app in the foreground. After opening and unlocking the app manually it is not working anymore - means I cannot use the keys to fill in the data. I need to complete end the app and run it new.

On 11/28/2018 at 4:07 PM, mdovey said:

I can't get the browser extension to work.

Basically I get the "Looking for Enpass App…", message followed by "Enpass Assistant is unable to connect with the Enpass app"

I'm running the traditional Windows desktop enpass application 6.0.0 (198), Firefox 63.0.3 with Enpass plugin 6.0.0.56b, Chrome 70.0.3538.110 with Enpass plugin 6.0.0.56.

"Enable Browser Extensions" is checked is Enpass settings.

I've tried with both "Authorize Browsers with Verified Code Signatures Only" checked and Unchecked. 

I have the same problem with exactly the same setup. Running Windows 10, tested on both 1803 and 1809.

Hi, for me the beta works just fine, haven't had any hiccups. The iOS beta works fine too.

I have one remark. The favicons are loaded in most cases. But for some sites they don't. I am very sure I use a favicon on my own site f.i., it shows in browsers, so it seems ok. That one is not loaded too.

What could be the problem there?

On 12/8/2018 at 11:33 PM, niemalsnever said:

I have the same problem with exactly the same setup. Running Windows 10, tested on both 1803 and 1809.

Please share some more info so that we can help you better.

• Enpass version.
  • Enpass extension version.
  • Preferred browser and its version?
  • Are you using any Antivirus or third-party security-related extension?

Thanks for your co-operation.

6 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Please share some more info so that we can help you better.

• Enpass version.
  • Enpass extension version.
  • Preferred browser and its version?
  • Are you using any Antivirus or third-party security-related extension?

As should be visible from the attached screenshot, this is what I'm using:

• Windows 10 1809 Edu
  • Enpass 6.0.0 (198) Beta
  • Enpass Extension 6.0.0.56b
  • Firefox 63.0.3 (64-bit)
  • Sophos Antivirus (10.8), and uBlock, Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere, versions are visible in the attached screenshot.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Sven

enpass_version_overview.png

Hey @niemalsnever

I would like to share that Enpass extension communicates with Enpass over localhost address and it seems that Sophos antivirus is interfering the localhost(127.0.0.1) connections. One link I found on the web to allow localhost connection in Sophos antivirus is https://support.asperasoft.com/hc/en-us/articles/216126878-Connect-browser-plugin-does-not-work-with-Sophos-antivirus-web-control

Hope this helps!

On 12/11/2018 at 11:44 AM, Anshu kumar said:

I would like to share that Enpass extension communicates with Enpass over localhost address and it seems that Sophos antivirus is interfering the localhost(127.0.0.1) connections. One link I found on the web to allow localhost connection in Sophos antivirus is https://support.asperasoft.com/hc/en-us/articles/216126878-Connect-browser-plugin-does-not-work-with-Sophos-antivirus-web-control

That workaround works, but I am very sure, that this was never necessary with Enpass 5. I will install a test-VM tomorrow with Enpass 5 (+Extension) and Sophos and document my findings. Perhaps you can share some more info how it might be that it works for Enpass 5 but not Enpass 6.

Best regards!

I would like to offer an enhancement request for the Windows 10 version. Unlike the Android version, there is no mechanism to skip to an alphabetical section by clicking one of the letter headings to bring up the alphabet picker. This feature would be nice for the desktop version as well.