Enpass Discussion Forum

A new beta for Traditional Windows is now available with bunch of new features, bug fixes and quality improvements

Gajender Singh

I just changed one of my passwords, tried to use it on my phone (Android) so I can log in there with the Enpass assistant. Unfortunately, the old password is only accessible, a short look at at the vault information at Enpass 6 (198) on my Windows computer (where I changed it) reveals that - although the last attempt is a few moments ago - last synchronized several minutes. No error, nothing. Vault is stored in Google Drive.

Hey @furx505 

First of all, I would like to share that the first beta of Enpass 6 was released as a standalone app and was installed as a separate app on your device parallel to the existing Enpass app. But we've terminated the updates for Enpass 6 beta standalone app and recently pushed a new beta version over the current Enpass 5 app. Due to different data locations on the cloud, it's not possible to sync.

And you are running the older beta version of Enpass on the Android device. The current version of Enpass on the Android device is 6.0.0.98. To get the new version over existing Enpass 5 app please follow these steps:

•     Take the backup of Enpass data save it manually on the device.
  •     Uninstall Enpass Beta app.
  •     Now open Google Play Store --> Open the Enpass page and scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll find the option Become A Beta Tester --> Tap Join now button.
  •     Now update the app and check.

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

I have to admit I am somewhat confused.  What is the difference between the store  and traditional windows beta programs? What are/will be the advantages of either?  I am on the traditional beta (I think) v 6.0.0 (228) and the android beta app. 

Regards to all  this holiday season and let us hope Trump has a quiet one!

• Thanks 1