Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass 6 beta for Windows is now available on Store

Dear Beta Subscribers!We’re happy to announce the finest beta of Windows Store app. It is available through the PackageFlight if you have subscribed our Beta program for Windows 10 in past. Unlike the previous beta versions of Enpass 6 which came as a separate app, this beta will come over the existing Enpass 5 application in your PC.

Subscribe Beta Program

While we add some finishing touches, get your hands on this beta and share your valuable feedback.

IMPORTANT NOTES FROM DEVELOPER

• Must save a BACKUP: Before installing this beta, it is highly recommended to take a backup of your data manually from any Enpass version you are using. You can take a backup via Enpass > File > Backup.
  • Installation NOTES: Unlike the previous beta versions of Enpass 6 so far, this one will come over and replace your current Enpass 5 app, and your data will be upgraded to support the new architecture of v6. And if you're having the previous beta version of Enpass 6, it will also get automatically uninstalled, so please take the backup of that one as well. Once the database is upgraded to v6, it can't be downgraded or restored into previous Enpass versions.
  • Sync incompatibility: Sync in Enpass v6 works entirely in new, efficient way and syncs to the different location (generally in destined App folders on cloud service providers) than the previous versions released so far. It will neither synchronize with and nor restore data of any previous versions (Enpass 5 and previous Enpass 6 beta). So if you want to start testing of this beta as a clean install on some other device on which you are not having Enpass 5 (i.e., not over your existing Enpass 5 app), the only way is to restore data from the backup file.
  • Browser extension incompatibility: The current Enpass 5 browser extensions are not compatible with the v6. You can download and install the latest extensions from hereEdge Browser Extension: Extension for Edge Browser compatible with this update is available to you from Windows Store as a PackageFlight subscriber.
  • Settings restoration: All your Enpass 5 settings will get reset, and you have to Re-configure them individually. 

What's New

• Multiple vaults: This is one of the most demanded features in Enpass that lets you have separate vaults for better segregation of your data. You can create multiple vaults for personal and work data and share with your family or team members by syncing through a common cloud account. However, each of your vaults requires a different cloud account to sync with.
    • To create a new vault, go to app Settings > Vaults > Tap the ‘+‘ icon, and follow the instructions to create your new vault.
  • Custom categories and templates: The desktop version of Enpass 6 now allows you to create your own custom Categories and Templates. This way you can manage your data the way you like.
  • Unlock with Windows Hello: You can now unlock Enpass with the Windows Hello. Master password will be required at every fresh start of the app.
  • Dark theme: Enpass comes with the dark theme support for Windows. You need to restart the app after switching the theme from Enpass Settings for the changes to take effect.
  • Sync through iCloud: Now the support for iCloud sync is not limited to Apple devices only, you can use it on other platforms as well.
  • Favicons: Enpass 6 can automatically download and set the icon associated with the particular website or URL saved in an item. You can enable it from the Enpass Settings > Customize > Enable Use Favicon.
  • Custom icons: We've also introduced a much-requested feature; Custom icons, which allows you to set any image as an icon for any item in Enpass.
  • Secure sharing: This version brings secured sharing where you can share an item encrypted with a Pre-Shared Key (PSK). You can create PSK from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK with the intended recipient which he needs to enter while importing the item.
  • Keyfile support: You can now additionally use a Keyfile along with the master password to log into Enpass. Only the desktop versions allow you to generate keyfile while setting up the master password.
  • Trash: Trash is here. From now onwards, every item you delete will go in the Trash first from where you can recover or permanently delete it.
  • Archive: You can archive the items which are no longer in use, but you don't want to delete them as well. The archived item won't appear in any search results.
  • Sorting options: Added options to sort the list of items by Created Time, Modified Time, Recently Used and Frequently Used.
  • Multi-line fields: Added a new field-type as multi-line field which allows you to save information in more than one line. You can make any field a multi-line field by changing its field type from the item edit page.
  • Identity: We've introduced a new default category Identity to let you fill those long, tedious identity forms with a single click.
  • Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.

Improvements

• Cloud synchronization: The new Enpass 6 now syncs the Enpass data into the designated App folder on the cloud, unlike it used to do in the root folder for OneDrive, and Google Drive. Along with this, the app now requires minimal permissions and will give relief to our folks who raised concerns regarding the list of permissions the Enpass was asking while configuring the sync, especially in case of OneDrive. Also, as Enpass 6 is based on a new architecture, it will not sync and restore data from previous Enpass 5 and Enpass 6 beta versions.
  • Browser extensions: The new browser extension is now called Enpass Assistant with improved security, auto-filling, and auto-capturing. While setting initial connection, you would need to pair the browser first. It also allows you to autofill in pages with more than two fields.
  • Improved Password generator and strength estimation: We have improved the password generator with the new user interface, option for excluding the symbols and the better strength estimation using zxcvbn. So there might be chances that the password shown as strong in Enpass v5 will be displayed as Weak in Enpass 6.
  • Tags: The erstwhile Folder feature is now known as Tags. All your existing Folders and sub-folders will be replaced by the Tags and sub-tags respectively. 
  • Separate section for items with TOTP or Attachments: Many of you folks requested that items with TOTP or attachments should be grouped and displayed together, and here you'll see the separate sections for both TOTP and Attachments in the Sidebar.
  • Eight digits TOTP support: Previously the app was restricted to generate only six digits TOTPs making it difficult for some folks who were using eight-digit TOTPs. Now this limitation has been removed, and you can freely add TOTP to quickly login into accounts.
  • Checking Pwned passwords for the complete database: A significant improvement in checking the pwned passwords! Now instead of checking a single password for pwnage, you can check all passwords saved in your database.
  • Better with importing data from other password managers.
  • A lot of other minor improvements.

Fixes over Previous Enpass 6 Beta

• There was an issue raised by some of you guys where If a user was adding an attachment containing any language specific characters ( å, ä, ö, etc.), then the app was crashing while saving the item. Well now, Fixed.
  • A bug where WebDAV sync wasn't configuring over the Seafile server, now fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where pressing the ESC key wasn't clearing the search field.
  • Fixed an issue where copying or moving an item from one vault to another, lost all its assigned tags.

We are continually working to boost the quality of Enpass before the official release and devoting a lot of time in improvements and bug fixes. And we are eagerly waiting for your feedback on our forums. 

With Love to our Windows users!!❤️❤️

• Like 1

This works amazingly well! Thanks for the update :)
Sync with iOS would be really nice^^

1 hour ago, dfibingr said:

Me too.  For some reason everything Auto Updated and now I'm stuck on version 6 on my desktop but can't connect the beta on iOS to my OneDrive Sync 

I would guess it updated because you signed up for the beta previously. You should be able to download the traditional windows version though, right?

1 hour ago, djohannes said:

I can't buy the premium features to get things like dark mode :(

That's broken for me too.

I don't think auto updating clients to a beta version automatically is really a good choice for Enpass.  What if we signed up for the Beta program to just run the beta on a VM rather than on our primary Windows machine.

If I install 5 again will it auto update once I check for updates in the store.

We need some details on this from Sinew Software Systems.

Edited by dfibingr
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gajender Singh said:

Keyfile support: You can now additionally use a Keyfile along with the master password to log into Enpass. Only the desktop versions allow you to generate keyfile while setting up the master password.

Nice, but how ? I can´t find any options or anything else.... pls explain it. where can i generate it ? 

if i set a new Masterpassword, it doesn´t offe me a keyfile... so what should i do ?

Edited by xxUNIVERSExxx

4 hours ago, dfibingr said:

I don't think auto updating clients to a beta version automatically is really a good choice for Enpass.  What if we signed up for the Beta program to just run the beta on a VM rather than on our primary Windows machine.

If I install 5 again will it auto update once I check for updates in the store.

We need some details on this from Sinew Software Systems.

I totally agree with this.

While I love beta testing, my password vault is too important for me for day-to-day use. I can't afford issues.

I was watching the v6 beta and liked the fact that it could run side-by-side with v5 as it was independent and ran its own upgraded database file. However, being forced into a beta scenario, which I on;y found myself because my phone app (Android) was upgraded this morning, is NOT OK.

You say you Love your users. Not giving them a choice is a very strange type of Love.

• Like 1

The picture  is what I get when I try to buy the features. If I can't buy them or try them then why am I being forced to update to it? This was a premature rush to get people to update. When I signed for a Beta I expected to be prompted to use a secondary client (like every Beta works).  Believe me, I love your product but this is unfortunate. I was also advised not to move all my passwords to the beta since it was not 100% ready. I thought that this forced update was official(because it overrides previous version). I don't remember reading BETA when I updated my main client. Also WHY do I come here and read all sorts of IMPORTANT NOTES FROM DEVELOPERS: (Must save a BACKUP:, Installation NOTES,Sync incompatibility,Browser extension incompatibility:.  What about displaying this before forcing people to update. This is ridiculous.

image.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anthony said:

I totally agree with this.

While I love beta testing, my password vault is too important for me for day-to-day use. I can't afford issues.

I was watching the v6 beta and liked the fact that it could run side-by-side with v5 as it was independent and ran its own upgraded database file. However, being forced into a beta scenario, which I on;y found myself because my phone app (Android) was upgraded this morning, is NOT OK.

You say you Love your users. Not giving them a choice is a very strange type of Love.

Same here - now I have my desktops all running 6 and my Windows 10 Mobile device unable to sync with any changes. If there is not going to be a version for Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile users (even a read-only version would be acceptable) that at the very least supports sync with the new version, then you need to allow users to stay on version 5! Alternatively, provide a way (even manual) to export/convert/import data across to the old version for Windows 10 Mobile users. One big reason I invested in Enpass was its support of Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile - and as a continued user of a Lumia 950XL (and probably continuing until support for the device stops later next year) I don't want to have to look for alternatives all over again!

Edited by AndyMac
  • Like 1

Unlock with Windows Hello: You can now unlock Enpass with the Windows Hello. Master password will be required at every fresh start of the app.

What is about full-time Windows Hello, when the computer fulfills all the requirements needed for it to work in the Enpass UWP app?

I have UEFI boot with Secure Boot, TPM 2.0 module, Windows Hello working with TPM, and was already successfully using full-time Windows Hello with Enpass UWP.

Will it also be supported by Enpass 6? Or is it already for people that fulfill said requirements?

17 hours ago, xxUNIVERSExxx said:

if i set a new Masterpassword, it doesn´t offe me a keyfile... so what should i do ?

There is an Advanced option on the Master Password setup screen. If you have skipped that you can now follow these steps to enable Keyfile.

Open Enpass --> Settings --> Security Settings --> Tap Changed Master Password --> Enter the master password to authorized yourself -->  In the next screen you will get the option Advanced --> Click on it.

Hope this helps!

I'm just curious how should I get the enpass 6 beta from windows store. I opted in for the beta program yesterday (using the email address I used for my microsoft store account). I got an email today saying "First beta of Enpass 6 for Bridged App is here!". However, I checked microsoft store and it is not showing any update on Enpass at all. I also tried to uninstall Enpass v5 and install again from the store but it is still Enpass 5. 

So by saying windows store version, do you really mean the $9.99 Enpass app on the windows store instead of the free bridged version? 

• Confused 1

I think I'll need to opt out of this as well. I use Enpass on my Windows Phone (HP x3) and if there's no path to sync with that, I'll have to not go through the beta program.

If/when there's an update for Windows Mobile 10, I'll be happy to try out the features, but the auto-upgrade should come with a way to not upgrade for users who want compatibility w/ WM.

Just been trying out the new password generator - generally really good (together with the new tools to check if pawnd, etc. which I have already used to test my many passwords). A couple of comments/suggestions:

1. Maybe worth changing the setting "pronounceable" to be "pass phrase" as this is what is now is

2. When using passwords (i.e. not pronounceable) it is great to have ability to setup to ignore some symbols - this was needed

3. Would be also useful in the settings or the algorithm to have options to:

(a) not repeat the same symbol in a password and/or (at least) not have the same symbol duplicated next to each other

(b) not start a password with a symbol

(c) be able to set the minimum number of lowercase characters as well

4. Sometimes the generator creates a password it shows as "average" even when set to complex set of criteria (just limited set of symbols) with length of 12 or 14 - is this correct, could it not simply skip (or have the option to skip) these to guarantee a strong password?

Just started to get a cloud sync error with OneDrive. Error 508503. What does this mean?

5 minutes later - Also disconnected and reconnected OneDrive and comes up with errors - variously 507503 and (from memory) 504503... it would be much more useful to have some description of the errors.

Another 5 minutes - it has now started working again.

An hour later error messages started again!

Edited by AndyMac
Update with new info
  • Thanks 1

Issue with right click - if I right click on an item it does not select it, and if one already selected it does not change it. If I right click and the delete an item, it is quite possible to delete the wrong item! Right mouse click needs to select the item and bring up the drop down menu in the one action!

Also, really missing the ability to click on the letter "header" to bring up a selector to jump to a specific part of the list, as we had in the previous versions! This needs to be added back please.

Although there are a load of new features that are awesome in this version, it feels like this version needs a fair bit more work to get it to be as easy to use/consistent as previous versions, as well as needing some level of support for the old UWP/Windows 10 Mobile/Windows Phone devices in terms of sync (even if in a read-only mode) before it is released to everyone. Otherwise it will feel like a downgrade in some aspects and a major downgrade in terms of Windows 10 Mobile/Phone/UWP users who need to stay on that ecosystem.

Hey @AndyMac 

2 hours ago, AndyMac said:

Display issues: on Hi DPI screen (4k) set to 175% multiline titles are getting corrupted. See attached screen shot.

We will look into it.

1 hour ago, AndyMac said:

Issue with right click - if I right click on an item it does not select it, and if one already selected it does not change it. If I right click and the delete an item, it is quite possible to delete the wrong item! Right mouse click needs to select the item and bring up the drop down menu in the one action!

Noted.

1 hour ago, AndyMac said:

Also, really missing the ability to click on the letter "header" to bring up a selector to jump to a specific part of the list, as we had in the previous versions! This needs to be added back please.

Noted.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hey @xflamechris and @AndyMac

2 hours ago, xflamechris said:

OneDrive Sync Error: 505402, 505403, 504028

3 hours ago, AndyMac said:

Just started to get a cloud sync error with OneDrive. Error 508503. What does this mean?

5 minutes later - Also disconnected and reconnected OneDrive and comes up with errors - variously 507503 and (from memory) 504503... it would be much more useful to have some description of the errors.

Another 5 minutes - it has now started working again.

An hour later error messages started again!

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

I have noted down this issue and forwarded to the QA team to look into it. Till then I request you to please co-operate with us.

4 hours ago, AndyMac said:

Just been trying out the new password generator - generally really good (together with the new tools to check if pawnd, etc. which I have already used to test my many passwords). A couple of comments/suggestions:

1. Maybe worth changing the setting "pronounceable" to be "pass phrase" as this is what is now is

2. When using passwords (i.e. not pronounceable) it is great to have ability to setup to ignore some symbols - this was needed

3. Would be also useful in the settings or the algorithm to have options to:

(a) not repeat the same symbol in a password and/or (at least) not have the same symbol duplicated next to each other

(b) not start a password with a symbol

(c) be able to set the minimum number of lowercase characters as well

4. Sometimes the generator creates a password it shows as "average" even when set to complex set of criteria (just limited set of symbols) with length of 12 or 14 - is this correct, could it not simply skip (or have the option to skip) these to guarantee a strong password?

I have noted down your suggestion and forwarded to the concerned desk.