Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass 6 beta for Windows is now available on Store

First, I want to thank Enpass for this huge upgrade.

The Windows version is MUCH better: support of Windows Hello, the Edge extension (that used to be sometime hidden behind the Edge windows), the scaling (between screens of different resolution), the support of website icons... This version brings so much goodies.

Android version is great as well and the support of Auto-filling for iOS a must have.

Now, I just want to report an issue : selection of entry in the "Enpass assistant" does not work with touch !!!

Selection in the list work but it does "double click" (launch the filling)...

Selecting with the mouse (pen) works but not with touch (finger) so it is basically impossible to fill credentials in tablet mode !?!

Edited by JB Labelle

I only just bought enpass as I switched from 1Password. I have jumped straight into v6 beta and I am pretty happy with it. Android works great, Windows 10 works grreat (some usability stuff could be improved, I did another thread on that)

Any great work thanks!

p.s. is 6 beta the first one with Windows Hello support?

Just now, planetwilson said:

I only just bought enpass as I switched from 1Password. I have jumped straight into v6 beta and I am pretty happy with it. Android works great, Windows 10 works grreat (some usability stuff could be improved, I did another thread on that)

Any great work thanks!

p.s. is 6 beta the first one with Windows Hello support?

Enpass had since a long time an Universal app in the Store supporting Windows Hello (so working great on Windows Phone) but to use the Edge extension, it had to interface with another Enpass version (also in the Store), based on the legacy WIN32 program, and this one did not supported Windows Hello.

So basically, when you wanted to fill credential in the browser, you have to type the password to unlock the extension (or use a PIN).

It could be seen as well in the scaling. Although there was features in the parameters to support high res screen, changing of resolution (like on a Microsoft Surface high res screen that you dock on a big screen with lower resolution), it was a bit of a mess in an multi-screen setup.

So much improvment on this version, really, it is a milestone version.

By the way, coming also from 1Password (some time ago though). All the family switched to Enpass.

33 minutes ago, JB Labelle said:

Now, I just want to report an issue : selection of entry in the "Enpass assistant" does not work with touch !!!

Selection in the list work but it does "double click" (launch the filling)...

Selecting with the mouse (pen) works but not with touch (finger) so it is basically impossible to fill credentials in tablet mode !?!

I can confirm this bug.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:55 PM, AndyMac said:

Just started to get a cloud sync error with OneDrive. Error 508503. What does this mean?

5 minutes later - Also disconnected and reconnected OneDrive and comes up with errors - variously 507503 and (from memory) 504503... it would be much more useful to have some description of the errors.

Another 5 minutes - it has now started working again.

An hour later error messages started again!

On 11/29/2018 at 6:10 PM, Anshu kumar said:
On 11/29/2018 at 3:48 PM, xflamechris said:

OneDrive Sync Error: 505402, 505403, 504028

On 11/29/2018 at 1:55 PM, AndyMac said:

To investigate further on this issue, I want a little help from your side so please let me know:

• Are you using the proxy?
  • Are you using VPN?

Thanks for your co-operation.

I just upgraded to version 6 as well (automatic conversion of version 5 to 6) I had purchased version 5 now seems like I need to purchase version again. I don't think it is right do replace prior version and require repurchase with out a way to go back is bad choice.

Also, when trying to create a new vault don't get prompted for where it should be created (which cloud server).

On 12/4/2018 at 11:00 AM, Anshu kumar said:

To investigate further on this issue, I want a little help from your side so please let me know:

• Are you using the proxy?
  • Are you using VPN?

No proxy and no VPN for me.

After lots of retries it worked somehow to sync via OneDrive...

I have a quick question on the template. Is it possible to assign a default category and template for each vault/all the vaults? 

In enpass v5, it only takes 1 click to create an entry (simply click the  + button lead me to the window where I can fill out username and password etc.). In v6, it takes 4 clicks (first click the + button,  then select vault, then select category, then select template) to do so.  

First start looks nice, although the dark theme doesn't seem to be working for me. I had to "buy" the test license for Windows Hello...will this mean I have to buy Pro for that if I already bought your previous UWP app (which seems to be replaced now with this briged one)?

Also for the future I would wish for better tablet mode support. Right now it doesn't change at all if tablet mode is enabled or not. Context menus for example could be a bit smaller in desktop mode and big in tablet mode. Same for all icons/buttons on password items, etc.

Edited by Stahlreck

8 minutes ago, Stahlreck said:

First start looks nice, although the dark theme doesn't seem to be working for me.

Make sure to click on Show Hidden Icons in the task bar and click the Enpass icon and then click the hamburger menu and choose Quit Enpass. Just shutting down the desktop app won´t do the trick. Now, launch Enpass again.

shutdown.png

@Roger Ah yes, that's it. I'm not used to the tray menu anymore since I used the UWP app ^^

Well then, now I'm kind of disappointed that there is no full-time Windows Hello support. I hope this will be addressed before the release. My Surface Book 2 and my desktop have TPM, so that should work.

Edited by Stahlreck

@Anshu kumar can you tell those of us who are still Windows 10 Mobile users whether there will be an update ever to the Windows 10 Mobile app to support, however minimally, sync with the version 6?

Ideally this should be transparent but, for me (I can't say for other users), even if this has to be some form of manual one-way "export" to the old sync file allowing effectively "read-only" use of the old client to view any changed data, that would be sufficient to allow me to not have to look for alternative products that still support Windows 10 Mobile.

9 hours ago, Javier Dalzell said:

I signup to the beta about 2 weeks ago but have not received the update to v6 beta, on Monday I signed up again just to make sure my Microsoft ID was correct but still have not received the update.

Please PM your Email ID so that we can proceed further.

Some small issues with current beta (build 197):

1. If Caps Lock on when typing master password it does not show indicator until after the password fails. Surely it would be better for the indicator to be on when you start typing the password so that you don't fail the password on first attempt?

2. Seems that the current build gets stuck sync'ing to OneDrive - with only way to sort being exiting the program fully and restarting it, at which point sync works again fine.

Bug with Edit Categories - when deselecting multiple categories on the Settings/Customize/Categories/Edit Categories (I have created a complete set of custom categories and deselected all of the standard ones) often one or two of those deselected stay showing on the left hand list unless you exit Enpass and go back in. See attached screenshot.

ScreenShot.jpg

Please tell me if I got this right:

I updated to the beta 6 for Android (but not for Windows 6 beta) . So, when I sync the Android, it has created a new sync location in OneDrive. And, my Windows non-beta app can't see it, and so, it keeps syncing to regular place in OneDrive. And, therefore, my Android and Windows 10 device do not sync with each other, right? Which is fine (we're in beta here). 

But, please tell me how this will play out when I move my Windows laptop to Enpass beta 6? 

Will the Enpass 6 for Windows 10, see and sync to my Android beta 6 OneDrive location without me doing anything? 

And if not, how do I my Android beta 6 and Windows beta 6 to sync to the same place? 

Edited by Captain_Eric
Typos and clarity

On 12/15/2018 at 1:35 PM, AndyMac said:

1. If Caps Lock on when typing master password it does not show indicator until after the password fails. Surely it would be better for the indicator to be on when you start typing the password so that you don't fail the password on first attempt?

Noted and forwarded to the concerned desk.

On 12/15/2018 at 1:35 PM, AndyMac said:

2. Seems that the current build gets stuck sync'ing to OneDrive - with only way to sort being exiting the program fully and restarting it, at which point sync works again fine.

Noted and notified the QA team to look into it.

Thanks!