Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass loses certain preferences

archetwist

Hi, I've noticed that Enpass does not save certain preferences. Every time I open Enpass I have to: 1) re-enable the browser extension support in preferences and 2) dismiss the sync reminder (the message suggesting I add an external sync option which I do not intend to do). I am using Enpass 5.3.0.1 on Windows 8.1 with the vault located on an external drive.

Hi @archetwist,

Sorry to hear about your trouble and I apologize for the late reply.  We were trying to reproduce this issue on our end and haven't been able to. Could you provide steps to reproduce the issue and also please provide some more details for further investigation.

• On which devices (all of them, along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Are you using external drive to store Enpass data in all devices?

Hi @Anshu kumar and thanks for the reply. I am using Enpass on one device only - Windows 8.1. Enpass is installed on the system drive and only the vault is located on an external usb stick.

1. I launch Enpass. It opens the vault from my usb stick automatically (I've changed the vault location in preferences).
  2. I type in the master password.
  3. The vault is opened, BUT
  4. I have to go to preferences and reenable:
    1. browser extension support,
    2. the "minimise to system tray" option
    3. (other preferences which I do not use are possibly also lost)
Edited by archetwist

Hi @archetwist

I would like to let you know that Enpass saves some settings in system registry. When you run app without inserting the Pen Drive (external USB stick), it won't find any data file in the previous location. New setup screen will come and due to security reason it clears all the old settings from registry.

I recommend you to try our portable version, which store settings along with the data file and you will not face this issue anymore.

Cheers!