Enpass Discussion Forum

Released a new beta update, putting a stop to sync and other issues.

Vikram Dabas

Hi,

Being a beta tester has advantages and disadvantages – you get access to the latest features and updates before anyone else, but you have to suffer through glitches and bugs. The same happened in the previous beta update where our Android testers had plagued with a frustrating bug that didn't allow them to configure sync on their Android devices. We have now fixed this bug, and an update v6.0.0.93 is currently available on Play Store.

The complete changelog includes:

• Fixed an annoying bug that couldn't let the users configure sync on their Android devices.
  • Fixed a bug where the previous beta got crashed while upgrading the Enpass v5 data.
  • In the case of multi-user accounts, installing beta in the secondary account didn't restore the previously loaded data and showed the Welcome screen. Fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where entering some symbols in the search field made the app to crash.
  • Minor fixes and improvements.

1 hour ago, mjeshurun said:

6.0.0.93 didn't solve the cloud sync problem on Meizu Pro 6 running FlymeOS 6.3.0.0G. I still can't restore primary vault from cloud. 

Has you primary vault been created with a previous Enpass 6 beta version? Because the layout of the folder structure changed (the previous beta versions used a further subdirectory called "Enpass 6 Beta" ... simply move the vault out of that directory then it should work).

I've seen an high battery usage (in background) when the Enpass keyboard is selected.

My configuration:

• Phone: Nokia 6.1
  • Android: 9.0
  • Android autofill service: ON
  • Autofill using accessibility: OFF

Step to reproduce the issue:

• Open an app that doesn't support autofill, let's say PayPal
  • Switch to the Enpass keyboard and fill PayPal's credentials
  • Now put the phone to sleep pressing the power button
  • Wait some minutes
  • Now go to Settings > Battery > 3 dots > Battery usage > Enpass
  • In the "while in background" section you will see the exact amount of minutes the phone slept
  • If you select the default Android keyboard, Enpass will stop draining the battery in background

6 hours ago, Hitman said:

Has you primary vault been created with a previous Enpass 6 beta version? Because the layout of the folder structure changed (the previous beta versions used a further subdirectory called "Enpass 6 Beta" ... simply move the vault out of that directory then it should work).

My primary vault database is from the new Enpass 6. The restore worked on my iPad Pro, Mac and Nexus 5X. The only device that can't restore is my Meizu Pro 6. 

Yea, the currently released versions is not in sync, which makes it impossible to use Cloud sync, possibly on all providers.

The desktop version is currently saving to /Enpass/vault.enpassdbsync, but the Android app is still trying to sync to /Enpass6-Beta/vault.enpassdbsync

That there is no way to change the filename doesn't help in the least.

• Thanks 1

Hey @SirHaxalot 

I would like to share that the first beta of Enpass 6 was released as a standalone app and was installed as a separate app on your device parallel to the existing Enpass app. But we've terminated the updates for Enpass 6 beta standalone app and recently pushed a new beta version over the current Enpass 5 app. Due to different data locations on the cloud, it's not possible to sync.

And It seems that you are running the older beta version of Enpass v6.0.0.75 on the Android device. The current version of Enpass on the Android device is 6.0.0.100 which comes over the stable Enpass5 app. To get the new version, please follow these steps:

• Take the backup of Enpass data save it manually on the device.
  • Uninstall Enpass Beta app.
  • Now open Google Play Store --> Open the Enpass page and scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll find the option Become A Beta Tester --> Tap Join now button.
  • Now update the app and check.

Hope this helps!