Enpass Discussion Forum

Store version doesn't work with Firefox 63

jaibamon

While the Desktop client of Enpass 6 Beta works with Firefox, the same version but from the Windows Store doesn't. This is important because it seems only the Store version will be able to have premium features.

The old Enpass 5 from the Store used to have a Bridged App in order to work with Firefox, but that thing doesn't work with Enpass 6.

Hey @mdovey,

Thanks for writing in.

Enpass extension communicates with Enpass over localhost address and it seems that Sophos antivirus is interfering the localhost(127.0.0.1) connections. One link I found on the web to allow localhost connection in Sophos antivirus is https://support.asperasoft.com/hc/en-us/articles/216126878-Connect-browser-plugin-does-not-work-with-Sophos-antivirus-web-control

Hope this helps!

Using a laptop. HP Pavilion 15, with Windows 10 Pro 64 bits, version 1809.

Enpass 6 beta from the Windows Store, so it's updated. Latest stable Firefox, ver. 63. The extension I got it from the enpass/enpass-6-beta-downloads/ page

I don't face this issue with other browsers. I have tested this on Chrome, Opera and Edge. Firefox it's the only issue.

I am aware that Firefox needs a bridge connector in order to communicate with the Windows Store version, at least that was the issue with Enpass 5.