Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass on MacOS wants to control my computer

albopf

This morning I got a prompt stating that Enpass wants to “control my computer through accessibility”. The prompt led off to the Privacy section of System Preferences (which I have locked, and in which, therefore, Enpass is grayed out). I have NOT enabled computer control through accessibility for Enpass. I would surely like to know what it means, why soever would I want to cede control, and how I may silence such prompts.j

• 1 month later...

This is a standard request from any application that requires access to system files.  Since the introduction of SIP (System Integrity Protection) you must approve any application which requires this functionality.  Without access to System Files Enpass will be unable to perform certain functions and may not work properly.

Other apps which will require access permission can be seen in Apple Menu > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Accessibility, such things as your Web Browser, Drop Box, Google Software Updater, OnyX and so on.  You can view the ones that have already been approved in the menu of the path I listed above.

6 hours ago, Rodanne said:

This is a standard request from any application that requires access to system files.  Since the introduction of SIP (System Integrity Protection) you must approve any application which requires this functionality.  Without access to System Files Enpass will be unable to perform certain functions and may not work properly.

Other apps which will require access permission can be seen in Apple Menu > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Accessibility, such things as your Web Browser, Drop Box, Google Software Updater, OnyX and so on.  You can view the ones that have already been approved in the menu of the path I listed above.

@Rodanne your answer is only partially correct