Enpass Discussion Forum

Fingerprint unlock on windows 10 PC

jsp

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 6:37 AM, Multi said:

You can use the app from Store. You will need to pay for the premium upgrade. After upgrading to premium you can use the Windows Hello (incl. fingerprint and face unlock).

This is true, but you are still required to enter your password the first time after power up.

I would like to be able to use ONLY my fingerprint.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 1:42 PM, chase said:

one time for a password by starting the app is fine. But clicking every time on the face to "activate" the fingerprint function is not state of the art.

Beg to dis-agree. One-Time password after restarting the computer is NOT fine - for me at least. The whole reason for Enpass' existence is to NOT have to remember passwords. The whole reason I chose Enpass back in the day was because it was the first to support Windows Hello. For almost two years, I stopped using passwords, thanks to Enpass and that was a great time. Now, the product took a version step forward and my usability to a step backward. Heck - Windows doesn't even need a password to log me in anymore, ever! Are you telling me Windows is now more innovative than a product that was built, by design, to eliminate passwords?

The rant continues... Oh, and I hope Enpass realizes that for users who value convenience more than ultimate security, the biggest competitor is not 1pass or keypass or whatever other pw manager, but Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Fully built in password and forms management, with perfect sync across all platforms. I'm starting to enjoy how Edge takes care of all my passwords on all devices natively - no master password needed. Ever.
(MAN... I am annoyed! Just had to get my phone from the car, just so I can unlock Enpass on my PC!)

Edited by Damasta
SUPER annoyed by now, need to rant!
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/10/2019 at 1:42 PM, chase said:

one time for a password by starting the app is fine. But clicking every time on the face to "activate" the fingerprint function is not state of the art.

Clicking the face is really one click to much.
Also I think when starting Windows with Hello, Enpass should start automaticlly

• 6 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 12:13 PM, Pratyush Sharma said:

@GSComputer

We appreciate your efforts in helping us with the suggestions for improvement. We have taken a note of your feedback and we might implement such in the future versions of the app.

Thanks.

Hey Enpass. I also am interessted in this function.

I have been using the premium app since last year and have already recommended it to friends and family.

+1 (Me) +1 (Father) +1 (Mother) +1 (Sister) +1 (Friend) ;)

Edited by AceBurn90

Hey @AceBurn90

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to share that full-time Windows Hello support to unlock the Enpass app is already implemented. If you are using the latest version of Enpass app on your Windows device, make sure your system comply with the requirement i.e store version of Enpass app and has the  required TPM (Trusted Platform Module version 2.0) in the same device.

Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @AceBurn90

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to share that full-time Windows Hello support to unlock the Enpass app is already implemented. If you are using the latest version of Enpass app on your Windows device, make sure your system comply with the requirement i.e store version of Enpass app and has the  required TPM (Trusted Platform Module version 2.0) in the same device.

Thanks!

It works great and thanks for the hint.

Edited by AceBurn90
  • Like 1