Enpass Discussion Forum

Dropbox Sync on Andorid is not working anymore

twisme

Hey @twisme,

I want to share that Last Synchronized and Last Attempt are two different timings. Last Synchronized is the time when the actual syncing of data took place last time and the file was successfully updated on the cloud, while the Last Attempt refers to the time when Enpass looked for any changes in data on cloud (and there might be chances that it didn't find anything to sync and is not matching with Last Synchronized). This is why you see different time stamps for both.

Hope this helps!

Hey @twisme,

Thanks for writing back.

Please share some more info so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which all devices (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Does the Date and Time setting set to automatic on all devices?
  • Does the last synced and last attempted time get updated on the sync page?  

Thanks for your co-operation.

I too am experiencing no sync between Android devices and Windows devices:

Android Phone Samsung Galaxy 9  v8.0.0  Enpass 6.0.0.100

Android Tablet Lenovo v7.1.1 Enpass 6.0.0.100

Windows Laptop Lenovo Win 7  Enpass 5.6.10

Windows Desktop Dell Win 10  Enpass 5.6.10

Everything is set to Auto Time and Date.  I can't see how to force and update on the Android devices like I can on the Windows products.

The two Windows devices appear to be syncing between themselves.  Updates to one are reflected on the other.

Noting changed in a Windows device is reflected on either Android device nor are changes made on an Android device seen on Windows devices.  Changes made on one Android device is not reflected on the other Android either.

I sync using Dropbox v63.4.107 (I think that is the version)

This is very frustrating.  I believe the problem started when the phone and tablet updated Enpass versions..  It had been seamless between all devices previously.

Edited by stevetaz

Okay...I figured it out after putting on my big boy glasses made for careful reading.  The beta version syncs to a different file name:  vault_enpassdbsync

Previous versions sync to:  sync_default.walletx

I did find the mentions that the beta version will not sync with previous versions.  Frankly I forgot I was on the beta program.  Uninstalled the beta version from the two Android devices, left the beta program, downloaded and installed the 5.6.9 version and voila!  All working seamlessly again.

Sorry about my inability to read carefully the first time.  Guess I am not cut out for the rough and tumble beta world....I need everything to work together at the same time.

Edited by stevetaz

Hey @twisme 

I would like to share that since Enpass 6 is based on a new architecture and sync to a new location. It will only sync with Enpass 6, and not with previous versions. So, to test the sync functionality, you’d need to install the Enpass 6 beta on your other devices as well. You can download the latest beta version of Enpass 6 from our website.

You are right,@stevetaz ! The stable release of Enpass 6 is about to come and will replace the Enpass 5 on your devices and then you would be able to sync across devices.

Hope this helps!

On 12/24/2018 at 3:00 PM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @twisme 

I would like to share that since Enpass 6 is based on a new architecture and sync to a new location. It will only sync with Enpass 6, and not with previous versions. So, to test the sync functionality, you’d need to install the Enpass 6 beta on your other devices as well. You can download the latest beta version of Enpass 6 from our website.

You are right,@stevetaz ! The stable release of Enpass 6 is about to come and will replace the Enpass 5 on your devices and then you would be able to sync across devices.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that clarification.

However, since Enpass 6 has been released to andorid as well as desktop the following error occurs: On android I can’t connect my enpass app to dropbox. I get to the confirmation screen in my android webbrowser but as soon as I press "accept" I get an error message in Enpass saying that the synchronization has been interrupted by the user.