Enpass Discussion Forum

No more touchID?

chrisonline

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @chrisonline

Because we do not manage licenses from our server and all the purchases are managed by respective Store's licensing platform, anonymously. But you can buy from the store as the same app is being distributed through our website and Store (Website version over Desktop Bridged). 

If its being distributed through your website (Website version over Desktop Bridged). That i can buy (without the Store)

Please provide a download/pay link so i can get it. i have searched but couldnt find it...

Edited by Tuinpad

On 12/24/2018 at 1:14 PM, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @chrisonline

Because we do not manage licenses from our server and all the purchases are managed by respective Store's licensing platform, anonymously. But you can buy from the store as the same app is being distributed through our website and Store (Website version over Desktop Bridged). 

I don't get it. So how can I buy the premium features if I use the Desktop version and not the Windows 10 App Store version?

I have bought the Pro-Version this morning as the Touch ID should be available in the Pro-Version but it is missing there as well.

Update:

Now I am confused suddenly Touch ID can be selected in the Setup and it is working.

Edited by MWeber

34 minutes ago, MWeber said:

I have bought the Pro-Version this morning as the Touch ID should be available in the Pro-Version but it is missing there as well.

Update:

Now I am confused suddenly Touch ID can be selected in the Setup and it is working.

Good to know it works in Premium, now I just need to know wether they moved it to premium today because I'm 100% sure I've used the feature before, but I'm not sure if I actually have premium on my Mac.

I did buy the app on my phone, not sure if it transfers.

It keeps saying "Error while restoring purchase" every time I click restore in the macos app

I think that fingerprint sensor worked on my iPhone but Touch ID did not work for me on the free Mac app in the past. I could use a pin in the past.

I think that the app purchase on the iPhone has nothing to do with the Pro-Version for your Mac. So I think for Touch ID you have to buy the Pro-Version for Mac as well.

I don't know if Enpass 5 was available as Pro-Version.

Maybe Support can clarify this.

hmm i did also the app purchase "Pro Upgrade" on iPhone some months ago and could use the TouchID on my mac. 

And now after the new update on enpass 6, i need to buy "Pro Upgrade again" ? That is insane.

You buy a Pro-Upgrade Licence once and can use on all platforms. Somehow i cant restore the "Pro-Upgrade" on enpass 6 for Mac, it seems like a bug. 

Can some Developer answer this post?

Regards Noka

Have been using Enpass for quite some time now on my Mac (10.14.2) and I sync across multiple devices via dropbox - have just updated to Version 6 and I now no longer have the ability to log in using Touch ID which I have been using for a long time. How can an update remove features I previously had - is there a bug in the update?

46 minutes ago, Spinners said:

Have been using Enpass for quite some time now on my Mac (10.14.2) and I sync across multiple devices via dropbox - have just updated to Version 6 and I now no longer have the ability to log in using Touch ID which I have been using for a long time. How can an update remove features I previously had - is there a bug in the update?

I have exactly the same Problem in my Mac. Did contact the support already, but no feedback yet. 

To all listed above I can add only following:

I am relatively old user of enpass and bought license for IOS pro-version of enpass more than a year ago. For 10$ (at that time). Now I've been offered to pay additionally 5.99$ for features I've been using for a while, and as far as I remember those was free of charge. Total will be 15.99$ for old members. While newcomers can get all features for 12$ (I apologize 11.98$). So I have few questions:

• Do you think it is a fair play to users who believed in you and invested money in your growth at the beginning?
  • Why should I keep rejecting build in MacOS password manager after this beautiful "innovations"?

Must say, I would definitely buy enpass for 11.98$ if I would be new to it. But obligation to make extra payment for users who fairly invested into you in only way that was possible at the moment... 

Edited by somenumboola
  • Like 1

Hi guys!

The Store version and Website version are exactly the same things. Just want to understand why you don't want to use Store version. Distributing the in-app purchases through Stores is a Win-Win for both of us as we don't have to manage the purchases from our end, and you don't have to sign up with us to keep using Enpass, anonymously.

Cheers!

Hi all,

The Enpass 6 on macOS comes with a set of premium features as mentioned on the Pricing page. Out of all these, the Touch ID was available in the V5 before. But it has nothing to do with your purchase of the iOS app. Still, the free version of mac is more powerful than v5 and doesn't restrict any of the standard features for any user (even the Multiple vaults is free). The premium features are just add-on goodies for more customization. Enpass 6 is still a free upgrade for existing mobile users and a nominal charge of $5.99 (50% off) is for the lifetime license on macOS.

Quick unlock through PIN still works in the Free start date version along with the rest of the features. We really appreciate your love and support so far to make #ENPASS6 happen. ❤️

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Hemant Kumar said:

Hi guys!

The Store version and Website version are exactly the same things. Just want to understand why you don't want to use Store version. Distributing the in-app purchases through Stores is a Win-Win for both of us as we don't have to manage the purchases from our end, and you don't have to sign up with us to keep using Enpass, anonymously.

Cheers!

There are still 2 different versions with 2 separate settings.
I know this as I have the desktop version and the Windows Store version running together side by side, and I had to set the settings separately.

Enpass Tray Icons.jpg