martin-le

Safari Extension 6.0.0 autofill shortcut

17 hours ago, benson said:

I still cannot set a shortcut by myself for the autofill. Oh lord, what happened to this great app? :(

If it's about the safari extension for the Mac, then it's a bit tricky. You can set the shortcut only in the Enpass app settings (browser menu), not as previously in the extension settings!

2 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

Can you please let me know on which browser are you trying to set the shortcut and what problem are you facing while setup shortcut so that we can investigate further.

Thanks!

Sarari on OSX 10.14.x.  In Enpass 5 my shortcut was CMD+Y (uppercase Y or CMD+SHIFT+Y)  Y is located on german keyboards near the left CMD and X keys. It was the best shortcut in combination with the mouse in the right hand. Enpass 6 letter shortcuts are case insensitive. It doesn't work with uppercase Y. CMD with lowercase Y opens the bookmark list.  

There is a bug using German keyboard layout (or maybe other layouts, too?) and you have to use the appropriate key from the English keyboard layout. See my previous posting:

I tried all combinations of keys, but don't get it working. I'm really disappointed and regret that I switched to Enpass. This shortcut is an essential feature for a password manager!

Why the developers can't get it working after such a long time? I guess that's the difference to a premium product like 1password what I used before. Looks like the saying is right: If you buy cheap you buy at least twice...

@chl I agree that it was a very bad decision from the Enpass Team to call a still beta version - stable and force all users to make the upgrade, but I totally disagree that 1Password is a premium product compared to Enpass as a cheap copy. This statement fits exactly only if you compare the price of the both products. 

It's not only the price. 1password also has a lot more features and I never had any issues with it. It just worked. I still hope that Enpass is able to fix that shortcut issues. Would be a lot of work to switch again back...

@chl Yes, maybe... but it still doesn't offer to sync via WebDAV and I don't want to store my passwords somewhere in the cloud which is outside of my control, especially in the cloud offered by the makers of the password manager itself (and for some features you need to use their own cloud solution, afaik). That's not premium-like, imo ;)

But as I already said, Enpass Team made a big mistake offering the not ready version as a stable one and now they are probably under time pressure to fix all the bugs. That's really sad, but I hope that in the near future v6 will become the same stable version as the v5 was. Until now I had no problems with Enpass and if, they were fixed very quickly.

If you compare the price you pay for each app, then it should be clear that 1Password have to be more solid. It's like comparing Apple's macOS and Linux.