Enpass Discussion Forum

Google Chrome extension not working

shubham

I have the same issue running the current Chrome Stable or Beta.

Woke up this morning to find that the extension was complaining about not finding Enpass Desktop (although it was running) and and that I needed to upgrade.  So I upgraded the desktop version which went fine.  Still had the extension issue so I removed the extension and re-downloaded.  Same issue.

Then I found a thread in the Windows sub-forum 

which suggested downloading the beta version of the extension from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enpass-6-beta/aiaidfdngcdfloomibikjgjagipifogm

That worked although it's odd that the beta extension (6.0.0.68 (BETA 6), 2018-12-21) seems to be older than the production version (6.0.0, 2018-12-27)

Hello. I have problems with chrome extension

1. When I right click on login form and select enpass option than new tab appear and immediately closed with error image.png.51df9a76d55d5b4a9de18b9e80339844.png

2. If manager started and locked login right click menu doesn't work. Nothing happens, no tab, no error.

Ubuntu x86_64 4.15.0-43-generic

Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Enpass 6.0.0 (230)

chrome extension ver. 6.0.0 (id: kmcfomidfpdkfieipokbalgegidffkal)

Hi @Vladimir

Sorry for the inconvenience. First, ensure that Enpass extension is paired with Enpass app. You might need to check this faq as well.

If the problem persists, enable logs of Enpass extension and Enpass app by following these steps:

1. In Enpass app go to Settings -> Browser and enable logs.
  2. In Enpass extension, go to Enpass extension's options page and enable logs.
  3. Restart browser.

Copy the logs of Enpass app and extension and mail us at support@enpass.io.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

At times Chrome Extensions Stop Working. There are users who have a complaint that the context menu option for every extension is no longer visible. We have some methods to solve this issue but in case you need to know more about it then go for it https://appuals.com/fix-chrome-extensions-stopped-working/

1). Ending the Chrome process through Task manager:
i). As the first step close Google Chrome, tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open up Task Manager, choose the Processes tab then right-click on Google Chrome and pick the option of End Task.
ii). Reboot your Chrome and check if the issue has fixed or not.

2). Re-enable all installed extension:
i). Here open Google Chrome, write “chrome://extensions/” click Enter to open up the Extensions tab and then set the toggle related with all extension to disable it.
ii). After disabling all Extensions reboot Chrome browser go for the first step again 1 so you could be in the same extension menu and enable all the extensions again by switching their related toggle to On and check if the issue is solved or not.

3). Anti-malware scan with Malwarebytes:

Here Malwarebytes scan would be the best choice when it comes to scanning and deleting browser hijackers.