Enpass Discussion Forum

Cannot set up sync via Dropbox on version 6.0

Mathias Brodala

After upgrading Enpass to version 6.0 on my desktop (Xfce, Debian Sid) today, I was greeted with a wizard to restore my wallet. I went and selected Dropbox and after logging in and giving Enpass permissions I was greeted with a site prompting me to launch `xdg-open` which in turn gave me the following error message:

The address "enpassauth://dropbox/?state=security_token_sinev&code=..." could not be opened.

The given location is not supported.

(Freely translated from German)

How should I set up sync from Dropbox with Enpass 6?

Same problem here. Since update to Enpass 6.0.0.230, nothing goes! When I try to sync to Google Drive, the Login does not appear and next time,
The UI shows "Something went wrong. Error 0." PLEASE HELP!

image.png.265099a6afa7caec9e89299b2bb16f1b.png

The command 

xdg-open enpassauth://dropbox/

showed the screen above.

Edited by ice-breaker

I managed to update to Version 6 as follows (don't know, if Step 1 and 2 are really helpful):

1. Started up Windows 10 and updated to Version 6 of Enpass
  2. Turned on Synchronization with my Google Drive account.This seemed to convert my Data to Version 6 compatible database.
  3. Now rebooted to Linux and completely removed Enpass
  4. Installed the Enpass Extension in Chromium Browser
  5. Re-Installed Enpass Version 6 for Linux
  6. Started Enpass as a "New User"
  7. Enter Master Password
  8. Enabled Sync. Now the credentials for my Google Drive account could be entered, since the browser opened now.
  9. Hope this helps.

It is important, that the Browser-Extension is compatible with the installed Desktop-Version, otherwise, the Browser is not launched to enter the credentials for the Sync (e.g. Google Drive).

Edited by ice-breaker

Hi @Vinod Kumar,

setting up the Dropbox Sync is not working. I am using Linux Mint Cinammon 19 with Enpass 6.0.0 (230).

When i try to set up the sync again, everything works perfectly to the 'xdg-open' attempt of the browser. Enpass does not retrieve the callback and is stuck waiting for the authentication.

Terminal: 

~$ xdg-open enpassauth://dropbox/
gio: enpassauth://dropbox/: Der angegebene Ort wird nicht unterstützt

Translated to: The given location is not supported. 

Is there a way to update the 'protocol handlers'? (rebooted after the Enpass update)

Please help.

Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-12-29 16-23-39.png

19 hours ago, magadaan said:

Hi @Vinod Kumar,

setting up the Dropbox Sync is not working. I am using Linux Mint Cinammon 19 with Enpass 6.0.0 (230).

When i try to set up the sync again, everything works perfectly to the 'xdg-open' attempt of the browser. Enpass does not retrieve the callback and is stuck waiting for the authentication.

Terminal: 

~$ xdg-open enpassauth://dropbox/
gio: enpassauth://dropbox/: Der angegebene Ort wird nicht unterstützt

Translated to: The given location is not supported. 

Is there a way to update the 'protocol handlers'? (rebooted after the Enpass update)

Please help.

Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-12-29 16-23-39.png

I have exactly the same problems. I have tried dropbox, google drive and icloud and none of them work. The error information from firefox is something like "Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address".

Using terminal, it will say:

gio: enpassauth://googledrive: Operation not supported
Edited by Hui

Hi,

I have similar issue - "Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (enpassauth) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context."

I tried to open it with xdg-open and then Enpass appears, but nothing happens in it - there's still waiting icon (rotating circle).

I installed chromium and it works. 

My Firefox is however updated (64.0), so I guess this issue is still not fixed there.

I also tried running:

xdg-open enpassauth://dropbox/?state=security_token_sinev&code=...

But it did nothing, so could you tell me how would I need to run it, if I wanted to open that link by only using xdg-open?

Edited by jackenmen

Thanks for all the pointers. Interestingly the upgrade went smoothly with my 2nd user account, even `xdg -open enpassauth://dropbox/` worked without any additional work.

However, this didn't work on my main account but I found a solution by simply manually invoking Enpass:

/opt/enpass/Enpass "enpassauth://dropbox?state=security_token_sinew&code=<code>"

All arguments (state and code) are shown in the browser URL when trying to set up Dropbox sync.

With this I could set up Dropbox sync successfully.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...