Enpass Discussion Forum

Introducing Enpass 6; Our biggest upgrade ever!

Gajender Singh

@ChaosNo1 have you spent a single second looking at and testing the free version of Enpass 6?

• attachments ARE still free.
  • Paying only gets you custom categories and custom templates.
  • Yes, they made an impopular decision on Touch ID.
  • Other (new) features are (still) free.

if the Touch ID part is so important for you, why not just spend 6 dollars and provide the Enpass team some reward for their efforts. I mean, what is 6 dollars.. really.

Edited by rowankaag

@rowankaag have you read my post?

• attachments ARE still free.
    • You wrote attachments are a new feature , I wrote that it was also possible in V5. Not wrote in any word that it is not free in V6
  • Paying only gets you custom categories and custom templates.
    • And that helps me how? I didn't miss that in V5 and still don't need that. However - as I wrote - I would have paid for it anyway, just to support the team. But I do not support their philosophy.
  • Yes, they made an impopular decision on Touch ID.
    • Which is also now a paid upgrade (see your statement above, its missing there and was free in Version 5.
  • Other (new) features are (still) free.
    • Again: I don't care about the other new features in the free version of V6. It wouldn't make a difference for me if they are there or not. But Moving Touch ID Support from free to paid is a decision that I will not support. Not for 6 Dollar, 10, or 1. The company made a decision that shows me (and that is my interpretation) that I cannot trust them in future decision. Pay again with Version 7, Moving other features like synch to V7 Paid upgrade, move to subscription, etc. You don't need to share this point of view. It is my personal and resulted from Lessons I have learned in the past with other apps. I may be wrong... sure. The price is not high... yes. But I made my decision. 
Edited by ChaosNo1
  • Like 2

I am baffled by the discussions above on free Vs paid features. I was glad to pay for the Windows Hello integration and the templates. It is a one time charge of 6 USD. Almost all the other services are subscription and require much more than the 6 USD per year. For me, Enpass provides the best solution both technically and financially. Thanks 

• Like 3

On 1/3/2019 at 2:01 PM, quintact said:

Hi, great redesign but I'm missing the full text search on Windows and Mac. Even the pro version on mac doesn't have a full text search.

Please fix this, because we have put a lot of meta information to the notes field.

Thx

Click on the search (looking glass) icon :)

On 12/31/2018 at 7:42 AM, ChaosNo1 said:

By the way: That no one from Enpass team gives a statement to any complaint related to that decision shows me, that they don't care about it. Nor on twitter, neither in this forum.

In the 2 or 3 times I have corresponded with the Enpass team I have found them to be very responsive to my communications, until this release. My guess (and hope) is that they are aware of the bugs and are frantically working on a solution. Paying for the premium upgrade doesn't bother me. Why should these guys work for free? Just make everything work and display correctly!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, iHiker said:

In the 2 or 3 times I have corresponded with the Enpass team I have found them to be very responsive to my communications, until this release. My guess (and hope) is that they are aware of the bugs and are frantically working on a solution. Paying for the premium upgrade doesn't bother me. Why should these guys work for free? Just make everything work and display correctly!

I have to side with ChaosNo1 on this one. What I see on this forum fits to my experience with Enpass Support. First it takes a long time to get a response and then the answer wasn't all that helpful. In one case I never received any reply. 

On 12/28/2018 at 2:21 PM, Xin said:

Hi,

I'm very excited that enpass 6 is finally here! I can't wait to start using multi-vault functionality.

I do have some comments, the iOS app upgrades autmoatically and loses all sync settings without any warning. This left me in an uncomfortable situation as I couldn't immediately get all sync settings but I needed my passwords.

Also the new enpass seems to lack certain features that were available in the old app, but perhaps I didn't search well enough. What I can't find is how to change the password recipe from using symbol separated words to something else.

When I changed one password, I couldn't find the previous version of the passwords anymore.

Exactly! Can't believe they are charging now for Touch ID when they weren't previously. 

Why say that the license is for a lifetime and then start charging for features? I'm afraid too it will turn into a subscription based and doesn't give me confidence in Enpass.

I've switched to the old version that was working fine and had Touch ID integration.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:15 AM, ChaosNo1 said:

I agree. Again... it is the philosophy that I will not support.

They could have put all new features to the pro features. But most of them are very special and won't generate much paying customers (BTW: I was able to add attachments in Version 5 too). I guess that resulted in the decision to take a often used feature that many users want to have to the pro features in order to "force" more people to pay for the upgrade. If they kept this feature for free - because it was - I would have upgraded to pro without thinking about it, even when I don't need the other features. So I have to three options

1. Ignore the fact and pay the upgrade, because I want to have fingerprint login on my Mac - Means the forced upgrade policy worked for them in my case

2. Ignore the Update and do not use fingerprint login - No, I like the comfortable way

3. Switch to another product

I habe a big problem with 1. I will not get forced in this way. Call me crazy or whatever you want, but that is my philosophy. 

So for me, 3 is my option. 

By the way, they could have kept Enpass 5 in the App Stores for exiting customers too and offer Enpass 6 as a free Product with pro upgrade as they did. They decided to force us to that upgrade with all consequences, bugs and not working features / Browser Plugins.

That is exactly my point. I'm happy to pay another $6 since it's something I use quite often, but don't rip me off by removing features. Make your product great and have people pay for those features if they feel they have value.

• Like 2

Well, it's pretty apparent that the new version is way too controversial and many users feel disappointed. That's a big bad sign whichever way you look at it.

From my point of view Enpass was nearly perfect product. Some new features are nice, but I'd prefer just that -- new features added, existing bugs fixed. Instead what we got was a product reworked from scratch that threw away all the hard work and polish spent on previous versions. And what we got is sadly inferior to what we had. The apps do not feel native, they are slower and difficult to handle, user work flows are broken, many useful little features got lost, many new bugs introduced. So it's clear and understandable that users are not happy. I myself am going to stick with version 5, even though I might welcome some of the new features, I'm not willing to suffer with the new release.

Btw, comments on blog posts were removed, which is another bad sign. And the new icon is super ugly and bland. The old one was much better and there was no reason to change it. Again, another change just for sake of it. Never a good sign.

I'm sorry to say that this has been a very poor upgrade. It works fine on Android, but faced huge problems on Windows 10 app. I was unable to sync to any cloud drive such as google drive, onedrive etc. The dotted circle just keeps going round and round and google drive does not open up.

Ultimately I had to do a WiFi backup from phone to PC and then restore the backup on the PC. This means that the PC version is not realtime and I'll have to keep updating manually.

I emailed the support email address and got a few replies but none were useful.

Please bring Enpass 5 back to the Microsoft Store and do your testing better next time...

On 1/18/2019 at 1:35 AM, kennyeastmids said:

I too am unable to get V6 to sync with icloud.

This very annoying as I purchased this so I could sync my passwords across ALL platforms....

I am wondering if "all platforms" means also non-Apple ones (Linux, Android, Win)

because if so how do you even connect non-Apple version with iCloud?