Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass 6.0.0 - Upgrade to Pro doesn´t work

Telenic

Hi all,

Sorry for inconvenience.

If you are restoring a iOS purchase on OSX, it is not possible due to platform limitations. If you have purchased Windows UWP version in past, that can't be restored on Windows as well because there is no way to migrate purchase receipts of one product to another product in Microsoft store. In both cases you have to buy it separately as they are different products/platforms. Please read this FAQ.

If you are facing problem in fresh purchase, this is probably due to a problem in particular platform store. 

Is your credit card charged before this error?

I don't understand. In the macOS version, I press the "Premium settings" in the settings and then press the "Buy" button. Then the window with the many question marks appears (see my previous post). This has nothing to do with a credit card. And refers exclusively to the macOS version. This has nothing to do with the IOS version. And I can't even get to the Apple Appstore.
But then I don't buy the premium update. I just save money.

baught the Windows 10 App (Version 5.x) in 2016 for about 10 Dollars at Microsoft Store. So, i thought, that i can now use the Premium-Features at the new V6-Windowstore-App for free. This ist not possible. So i have to sell 6 Dollar now and the 10 Dollars in past, really?

pit

1 hour ago, Vinod Kumar said:

... If you are facing problem in fresh purchase, this is probably due to a problem in particular platform store. 

Is your credit card charged before this error?

OK, here are the facts: fresh purchase, Windows 10, Enpass 6, credit card is valid!

But, come on: Don't play the ball back, but please solve the problem!
What can I do with the statement: This is a "problem in particular platform store"?

I want to BUY the Pro version, so thanks for a speedy support.

Hi,

I bought Enpass for Android and Windows Mobile (2x 10 euro)

With the new 6.0 update Windows Mobile version is no longer available? And Desktop now suddenly requires an extra payment...

The first is not a problem, I stopped using my Windows Mobile phone. But the second one... I would like to use the premium features on Windows Desktop.

Is it possible to transfer the Mobile license to Windows Desktop?

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I have a question regarding the new pro version of Enpass 6. I have previously purchased Enpass on Android and also the Windows store version. Do I have to purchase again the pro version, even though UWP version is free now? I tried clicking on restore purchase, but I'm only getting an error message.

Cheers!

I'm also having the same issue. I purchased the last version, but restore purchase doesn't work on the macOS store version.

By the way, setting up the cloud sync was a bit annoying and the UX was not great because I had to switch to the app store version. After downloading and installing the app store version, it treats it like a fresh install and I had to setup the cloud sync by logging into Dropbox... which is obviously difficult, since the password is stored in Enpass!

Edited by Faisal

9 hours ago, Vinod Kumar said:

If you are restoring a iOS purchase on OSX, it is not possible due to platform limitations. If you have purchased Windows UWP version in past, that can't be restored on Windows as well because there is no way to migrate purchase receipts of one product to another product in Microsoft store. In both cases you have to buy it separately as they are different products/platforms. Please read this FAQ.

Thanks for the clarification, this makes sense.

What about upgrading on the same platform? I purchased Enpass for macOS/OSX, and with the latest version, will I be able to  restore my purchase and get premium features? Or are we expected to pay again for the latest version?

I started Enpass MacOSX first.

Recently ( maybe last week or more before) I upgraded Enpass premium through My iPhone7 to use sync.

Today, I updated enpass Mac and iPhone

and On mac,

enpass doesn't recognize my premium. There's no problem on iPhone

Do I need re-buy again?

스크린샷 2018-12-29 오후 7.16.02.png

What the crap...same problem on Windows 10 - 64 bits. I had bought Enpass for $10 in the past where it's said Lifetime License and now you have forced me to upgrade and pay another $6 for it, WHY ??? Don't think it's ethical or fair, I am looking forward to a satisfactory answer on why you will NOT honor your license agreement.

• Like 2

"If you have purchased Windows UWP version in past, that can't be restored on Windows as well because there is no way to migrate purchase receipts of one product to another product in Microsoft store. In both cases you have to buy it separately as they are different products/platforms."

I don`t understand how you force your customers to pay again for pro features in upgraded version of app if they already paid it previously with older version ?

Is it a legal procedure?

Edited by amincom
  • Like 1

Nobody was warned that their "lifetime license" would expire when they upgraded to version 6. I was just told that there was a new version, so I updated. 

You can't give customers "lifetime licenses" and then make them buy your software again. 

If you don't fix this problem, you will risk sinking your company. Your ratings will drop to nothing, and bad reviews will show up everywhere. 

You don't have much time. 

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gozirra said:

Nobody was warned that their "lifetime license" would expire when they upgraded to version 6. I was just told that there was a new version, so I updated. 

You can't give customers "lifetime licenses" and then make them buy your software again. 

If you don't fix this problem, you will risk sinking your company. Your ratings will drop to nothing, and bad reviews will show up everywhere. 

You don't have much time. 

If its a limitation of the store, I am more than happy to screenshot proof that I paid the $10. Please let us do this if this is the problem preventing the restore purchase feature.

Hi @frustrateduser,

Even though past UWP version and current version are on same store, they are completely different products. There is no way to restore in-apps of one product to another. Similarly, iOS and Mac apps are different products. So, we are limited here by technology and restrictions of respective app stores. Apple has clearly defined this in their documentation

Every product is associated with a specific app. Products created for use by one app are not available in other apps. Companion apps on a different platform are different apps—the products of the Mac app are not available in the iOS app and vice versa.

Historically, We never charged for UWP desktop and mobile version separately because both were same product. We never charged for Chromebook separately because it is same product as  Android app.

The only possible way for us to migrate in-app purchases across platforms/products is keep a central server where you will need sign-up  and register your in-app receipts. Some of you might like this thought but what people loves about Enpass is anonymity.

Thanks.