Enpass Discussion Forum

How downgrade to Enpass 5

phg

I purchased Enpass for Android around a year ago. This morning, I opened the app and it was updated to the newest version, Enpass 6.

However, the Desktop version of Enpass 6 is horrible. It does not look like a PC or Mac app at all! It looks like a tablet app. So I will not update to Enpass 6, and I will keep using Enpass 5 on desktop.

However, the new Android app does not sync with the previous desktop app. So how can I downgrade the Android app, which I already paid for, to the previous version?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deyvison Rocha said:

Follow these steps on the Desktop.

I don't want to migrate to Enpass 6 on desktop.

I want to remain with Enpass 5 on desktop because Enpass 6 looks and behaves like a tablet app. Enpass 6 does not look like a PC or Mac app, the user interface looks like a tablet app.

I thought I made that very clear on my post. That is why I want to downgrade.

I tried to get in contact with Enpass on twitter, but they are ignoring my requests. I also cannot request a refund on the App store and on google play because the app was purchased many months ago.

Edited by phg

1 minute ago, Deyvison Rocha said:

Enter on the topic and follow the first step.

You are very arrogant.

The link you sent is for the desktop app, which I already have. I want to downgrade on Android and iOS as well, because I does not sync there.

1 hour ago, Deyvison Rocha said:

Sorry if I was arrogant. I did not want to be. You can install the previous version by downloading the site: apkmirror. com / apk / sinew-software-systems / enpass-password-manager /

Once again, I'm sorry.

I cannot find how to downgrade on iOS. And the google chrome and firefox extension from the website does not work anymore.

The Enpass support team does not reply to my requests on twitter, on the forum and on email.

The browsers extensions are not working with Enpass 5 anymore. I also can't downgrade to Enpass 5 on iOS, and to top it all up about 30 items in my vault have not been correclty imported to the new version and are missing.

This is truly a dishonest and disgraceful company, and no person should ever trust them with any of their data and passwords.

Calm down man. I think you need to re-evaluate your concerns about the user interface of Enpass 6. It has all the functionality, and more than Enpass 5 did. Looking like a ‘tablet app’ is no reason to downgrade to a an unsupported and less secure version. 

20 minutes ago, Ddk said:

Calm down man. I think you need to re-evaluate your concerns about the user interface of Enpass 6. It has all the functionality, and more than Enpass 5 did. Looking like a ‘tablet app’ is no reason to downgrade to a an unsupported and less secure version. 

It uses a hamburger menu and context menus can't be drawn outside the main window, so if you click an item that's near the end of the list it will have a weird placement.

I don't care if it is unsupported. Data is secure and encrypted. I want the good old v5 version that I paid for!

• Like 1

Please can someone tell me where I can download version 5 for Windows again as my IOS version has failed on the upgrade & cannot get to my data and Windows 10 also a problem at present as upgrade not working

Edited by clive
found a copy online

Will there be any way to get V6 to sync with V5? In addition to my desktops, Androids and iOS devices, I also have Windows Mobile devices now orphaned at v5.6.x which now no longer sync with my other devices I've updated to V6. If there's no way to sync V5 devices with V6 devices, I need to rollback all of my devices to V5, or find another password manager.

Maybe a "V5 compatibility mode" option in V6? Or some kind of "Bridge" plugin that will sync between a V5 and V6 installation if both are installed on the same PC?

On 12/28/2018 at 7:51 AM, Deyvison Rocha said:

You can install the previous version by downloading the site: apkmirror. com / apk / sinew-software-systems / enpass-password-manager /

This worked on my Android Mobile. I uninstalled the Enpass 6.0 version since it would not sync to Google Drive. I downloaded and installed version 5.6.9 which works perfectly. :D

Thank you very, very much Deyvison Rocha. A good new year to you!  I hope the Enpass upgrade to  version 6.0 for all platforms gets cleared up from the mess it currently has become. Keeping my Win10 version at 5.6.10. I edited my 5 star Google Play Store review down to 1 star for the Enpass 6.0 version. My old 5 star review: "Switched from LastPass to Enpass". My new 1 star 1/3/19 review: "5StarOldVer-6won'tSyncToGgglDrive"

On 12/28/2018 at 7:51 AM, Deyvison Rocha said:

Sorry if I was arrogant. I did not want to be. You can install the previous version by downloading the site: apkmirror. com / apk / sinew-software-systems / enpass-password-manager /

Once again, I'm sorry.

Give me old version, return my money!!!

I hate the tags management method, return my folders.

Lots of issues, exceed in the list:

• The folders in the old version, but upgrade to 6.0 change to tags(i don't love tags replace folders directly, maybe add new funtion is better than replace folder)
  • Can't choose a folder(tag) direct, must type in the word
  • Sametimes can't migrate item to another folder(tag) by dragging
  • Folder(tag) can't migrate to another folder(tag) as it's sub folder(tag)
  • Export a library then import to another library, i found the folder(tag) tree is error, some same name folder in different tree node been merged.
  • The window size i changed to maximize but will been automatically resize to the init size.
  • I can't change the library name.
  • Sometimes i set a library password, but i can't open the library by the password.
  • I purchased the advance functions in Mac, so need to purchase it in any other platforms twice?
  • Automatically upgrade to 6.0 with biggest changes and without important notice, the biggest problem is i can't using old version now which that i love.

• Like 2

We need to be able to roll back to the last version 5.x.x that was in place when version 6.0.0 update was pushed to us.  Both the application and the extensions seemed to stop working as they had in 5.x.x.  That is:

1. When visiting a site that has login info, Enpass extensions (Firefox, Chrome and Edge) do not pop up a window asking for a "Master Password" in order to fill-in or allow the user to enter login credentials.
  2. "Manually" opening Enpass extensions do not present you with the stored info for the site / page you have open in your browser as it did in 5.x.x for sites with login info already entered in Enpass.  You must run a search on the active page to have Enpass present the information, then you must copy-paste as auto-fill seems to be unaware it is on an auto-fillable page for which it has stored the information.
  3. The 6.0.1 update trashed the UI so that even those manual operations are, is some cased, not even possible.  It appears that any scaling set in "Settings->Aystem->Display->Change the size of text, apps, and other items" gets applied to Enpass graphic elements (windows, panes, icons, menu 'real-estate', UI control gadget control real-estate) but not to its text elements.  The text is also very small and low-res (VGA perhaps?) and with it mis-aligned, makes the user guess where the actual controls for the item described by the text (icon, menu item etc.) is located.  And some of the control highlights overlay / underlay some of the tiny low-res text elements making them unreadable.  (This bug described in multiple other topics so I won't add a screen grab here.)

So, could you PLEASE post a location where we can download the last working version of Enpass 5.x.x and its compatible browser extensions that we can use until you get a working, fully tested version of Enpass 6.x.x available?

Thank you.

• Like 1