Enpass Discussion Forum

How to Migrate Data from 5.6 to 6.0

Deyvison Rocha

If you had trouble updating the Enpass version from 5.6 to 6.0, follow these steps.

1. Download version 5.6, if you do not have the installer, in this link (Softpedia).
  2. Synchronize with your previous backup in Dropbox, Google Drive or another Cloud.
  3. Click File, and then click Backup.
  4. Save the file in a safe place (remember the place).
  5. Close the old Enpass 5.6.
  6. Open the new Enpass 6.
  7. Click on Import Backup
  8. Locate the backup made in Enpass 5.6
  9. Type Master Password and enjoy it!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Deyvison - you helped me with this problem!

I synch with Google Drive. With 5.6 my Enpass folder was right there. Now with 6.0, after setting up synch and synching I cannot find any backup folder on Google drive. Do you by chance know where I can find it?

33 minutes ago, Rainer said:

Thanks Deyvison - you helped me with this problem!

I synch with Google Drive. With 5.6 my Enpass folder was right there. Now with 6.0, after setting up synch and synching I cannot find any backup folder on Google drive. Do you by chance know where I can find it?

Enpass 6 uses application data folder of google drive sync for more security. It's only accessible to the application, not the user.

https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/appdata

20 minutes ago, SteveNew User said:

Hi Deyvison

I have the same problem and am following your advice above, but on version 6 I cannot find anywhere to import a back up. the nearest I can get is File>Import, but the Enpass file it allows is a JSON file. Can you point me in the right direction please

After creating a new safe I also could not.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the application, if a Safebox already appears, close and delete the Backup and Vaults folders from the path:

C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager...\LocalState

Open the Enpass again and try to import a Backup (it appears below Google Accounts, Dropbox, OneDrive).

Good luck.

Edited by Deyvison Rocha
I need quote
  • Like 1