Enpass Discussion Forum

Set-up sync is not working on version 6 (Linux)

Fabrizio Ruggeri

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with sync on Gdrive. The problem to which I found out, this error may happen if you merely UPGRADED from previous version.

Here is how I solved my problem

I backed up my entire "home" drive onto a flash drive. Then fresh installed ubuntu (19.04). Restored the home drive. Installed  enpass(Linux) per instructions here:

https://www.enpass.io/support/how-to-install-enpass-on-linux/

logged-in to my user account, and opened enpass - using my master password. Enpass automatically searched the latest data and loaded it w/o a hitch. On Gdrive sync I get "error 0" which I am sure can be resolved.

On 5/2/2019 at 6:35 AM, srouleau said:

@Anshu kumar please note that I have upgraded to Kubuntu 19.04, and the issue is naturally still there.

Is there anything I can do to help your team pinpoint the issue, assuming they can't even reproduce the problem so far?

Your problem may be due to the Upgrade. Try a fresh install of 19.04. It worked for me.

On 5/15/2019 at 7:47 PM, MLevi said:

Your problem may be due to the Upgrade. Try a fresh install of 19.04. It worked for me.

My problem right now is that my Enpass on Linux has diverged from the one on Windows and Android; I have new passwords on Linux which need to be brought over to the other copies. I can't just delete my enpass folder...  :(

11 minutes ago, srouleau said:

My problem right now is that my Enpass on Linux has diverged from the one on Windows and Android; I have new passwords on Linux which need to be brought over to the other copies. I can't just delete my enpass folder...  :(

You probably will have to reinstall the Linux. In my case, I just updated manually on both systems (Lubuntu & Windows 10) new passwords until the issue of sync with gdrive on my Lubuntu LT is resolved.

btw. have you tried to restore your enpass data from the backup file on the Laptop? - because that's the way I was able to restore mine

35 minutes ago, MLevi said:

You probably will have to reinstall the Linux. In my case, I just updated manually on both systems (Lubuntu & Windows 10) new passwords until the issue of sync with gdrive on my Lubuntu LT is resolved.

btw. have you tried to restore your enpass data from the backup file on the Laptop? - because that's the way I was able to restore mine

Oh, so sync doesn't work for you either and you need to manually sync?

Then I won't bother re-installing. My enpass on Linux works. It just won't sync.

3 minutes ago, srouleau said:

Oh, so sync doesn't work for you either and you need to manually sync?

Then I won't bother re-installing. My enpass on Linux works. It just won't sync.

Not exactly. On my Windows machine, sync & backup do work. It is only on my Lubuntu 19.04 Laptop in which the gdive sync does not work - the back up does work.

It seems we both experience the same issue with Linux - no sync with gdrive (I get "error code: 0" )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

************************SOLVED********************************

My problem was that, I installed enpass on the root (Admin) account, and tried to use it on the user account. Obviously with limited privileges & administrative permission it did not work.

I solve the problem with uninstalling the enpass from the admin & re-installed it on the User account.

On 7/9/2019 at 5:43 AM, Dario Mantegazza said:

Hi,

For me the auto sync still doesn't work (onedrive).

My setup is

Ubuntu 18.04

Enpass 6.1

Firefox 67.0.4

tried also with opera and enpass still waits for the redirect

I would suggest go to Gdrive where enpass is stored and examine its exact location - then match it on the App itself.

setting/Vaults/Primary/synchronize (pointing to Google drive).