Enpass Discussion Forum

Chromebook support

djohannes

• 4 weeks later...

Chromebook support was dropped from Enpass 6 for Android. Is there any possibility that we will get this again? Enpass 5 was only good password manager working on chromebook (via android app and Enpass Connector Chrome extension)

Thanks

Edited by Jakub

Not really sure if this is a feature request or support question as it existed in version 5.

But any input on supporting the chrome auto fill extension on ChromeOS / chromebooks for version 6.
Also, will there be fingerprint sensor support as the pixel slate supports this?

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 1:26 PM, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi @Jakub,

I understand your concern. A more capable Chromebook connector is in development. It will be available soon.

Cheers:)

So, this is maddening. Why did you put the Enpass Connector extension version 6 in the Chrome Extension Store, when it doesn't connect?? You should not have made the Chromebook extension it available to download when it does not work. Or at least give us a warning.

Been using Enpass since 2016 ironically with Chrome (Windows)  but have recently purchased a Chromebook and slightly gutted the extension doesn't work I hope to be using Enpass to its full capability in the future on Chrome OS.

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded version 6, no extension yet mostly because it would work on my Chromebook and Android phone. After many hours I found a post on this product for Chromebook. and should have known better when three of the links (blog, user manual, and extension) all went to 404 pages. This old woman is very discouraged and disappointed with the entire situation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Installed Enpass on Windows, loved it, so installed on Android. It rocks too, so I begin to pull the trigger on Android purchase - just need to hit final confirmation. Then I think wait, first I'll try on my Chromebook real quick. What a disappointment the connector no longer works, and to see this thread,. Worst part is, the thread is now months old. My hopes of Enpass working on a CB are crushed, even those with Android support. Shame  :( 

Please tell me there is good news regarding Chromebook support? I'm trying to ween myself away from Windows and really need a password manager with Devs committed to CB support. (I've tried at least 2 others that work, but have other issues). Perhaps the months of delay IS my best, however unfortunate, answer? This is the ONLY issue preventing purchase and full adoption.

Edited by MikeJ
Additional ramblings

So.. It is my understanding that this worked with version 5 but stopped with version 6? Unfortunately, this sort of development really makes enpass an unreliable solution to store my info. I was considering switching from Lastpass to this but this is concerning.

On 2/26/2019 at 12:59 PM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey guys,

Enpass 6 for Chromebook is under the development phase. But sorry to say at the moment I can't specify any ETA.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you for this information. It would be great to share more information about the Chromebook support status here as soon as you know more about the availibility. I switched to ChromeOS and it is the only OS where I cannot use my favorite Password manager. 

Thank you 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2019 at 6:59 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey guys,

Enpass 6 for Chromebook is under the development phase. But sorry to say at the moment I can't specify any ETA.

Thanks for your understanding.

We're now going on 5 months since we were told it was coming soon. Some transparency in the process would be appreciated, especially since this is an app many paid for specifically because it offered Chromebook support, only to have it removed.