Enpass Discussion Forum

AUTOFILL NOT WORKING ON ON CHROME

My app, browser, and extension are all up to date and I have similar issue as OP.

- Every time I hit the new shortcut key (can we get the old one back?), the assistant pops up, despite having "Autofill details without showing Enpass assistant".

- Sites that were autofilling w/v5 are no longer found without manual searching the assistant.

- If I double-click a known login, a new tab is opened every time. 

Whatttttt is happpennninng.

Hi @Jake Hildreth

As mentioned, you are using global hotkey instead of extension shortcut. With the help of global shortcut(hotkey), you can open Enpass assistant quickly without switching to browser.

In order to use the keyboard shortcut for auto-fill, you must have to set the shortcut in Enpass extension's preferences. Go to Extensions-> Enpass Extension->Options->Keyboard Shortcut. Set shortcut of your choice. :)

Thanks.

Edited by Vinod Kumar

I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 10.

The OS, the browser, the extension, and Enpass app are all up to date.

Ever since I updated to the new version, the autofill started not working.

The same problem happened on my iOS device, but it was solved as I reinstalled the app.

I've tried reinstalling the app and the chrome extension on my PC too, but it won't still autofill the login entries even after I manually choose the login info from the extension.

Any help?

I also had this problem, but it seems that the default keybinding for autofill in the chrome extension was the cause in my case. 

If you have the same problem, navigate to...

Chrome -> More Tools -> Extensions -> Enpass Password Manager 6.0.0 -> Details -> Extension Options

Then re-enter the keybinding (⌘ + /) into the field. After doing this, it should begin working.

For convenience, I also enabled...

Enpass -> Settings -> Browser -> Autofill details without showing Enpass Assistant

12 minutes ago, donoftime said:

I also had this problem, but it seems that the default keybinding for autofill in the chrome extension was the cause in my case. 

If you have the same problem, navigate to...

Chrome -> More Tools -> Extensions -> Enpass Password Manager 6.0.0 -> Details -> Extension Options

Then re-enter the keybinding (⌘ + /) into the field. After doing this, it should begin working.

For convenience, I also enabled...

Enpass -> Settings -> Browser -> Autofill details without showing Enpass Assistant

Thank you donoftime for the advice, but it did not work out for me. 

Of numbers of tries, I figured out Enpass won't autofill for those entries that I manually saved. 

Autofill is working fine with those entries autosaved via 'autosaving new logins' 

I am very much doomed since most of my entries were input manually.

I am afraid I might have to re-save everything with autosaving function.

I hope developers soon find out and debug this.

On 1/3/2019 at 5:41 AM, Jae said:

Thank you donoftime for the advice, but it did not work out for me. 

Of numbers of tries, I figured out Enpass won't autofill for those entries that I manually saved. 

Autofill is working fine with those entries autosaved via 'autosaving new logins' 

I am very much doomed since most of my entries were input manually.

I am afraid I might have to re-save everything with autosaving function.

I hope developers soon find out and debug this.

I have just upgraded to the latest version of Enpass 6.0.2 (292) but it still will not autofill or auto-login. image.png.2b442125ae0802a49c204236291376ae.png

I have installed the latest extension. I have re-entered the keybinding into the field. Can anyone help?

• 3 weeks later...

Any progress on here? Autofill with Chrome on windows doesn't work for me.

Tried with options
* Automatically Login After Filling Details
* Automatically Copy TOTP After Autofill
* Autofill details without showing Enpass Assistant

and with and without option for exact url mapping.

Chrome: Version 71.0.3578.98 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
Enpass: 6.0.2 (241)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 10:50 PM, Ace4Cars said:

I have just upgraded to the latest version of Enpass 6.0.2 (292) but it still will not autofill or auto-login. image.png.2b442125ae0802a49c204236291376ae.png

I have installed the latest extension. I have re-entered the keybinding into the field. Can anyone help?

I have same problem and it is driving me bonkers.Enpass doesn't autofill in either chrome or safari and when using on ipad the enpass icon no longer in browser so I have to come off site and go into enpass then copy and paste password ,reopen site and then enter details, plus sometimes I am not able to paste password.I am seriously thinking of binning enpass and trying another manager.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, it's really annoying. Friday the autofill worked pretty good, today it drives me crazy. Guys, I paid for that, so please fix it or at least give us an answere.

First, the shortcut for opening enpass in chrome (I changed it to "crtl + shift + e") works only half a day.

Second, the autofill works sometimes, sometimes not. When it doesn't work and I open enpass, it suggest me exact one match. Why does it not autofill? I still have to double click this item. And on other sites when I double click this item nothing happen. Then I have to copy-paste the login by myself. Would be nice to add at least an error message or something to make sure that its not caused by a missconfiguration.

Seriously guys, 12 dollars for desktop and mobile usage I paid is currently 24 dollars too much.

hey @Jake Hildreth,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

To investigate further on this issue we want a little help from your side so please let me know the following:

• Are you facing this problem in any specific scenario like wake up the system from sleep or any other?
  • Any specific Website where you are facing this problem? 

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 2 months later...

Still no consistency in behavior. Sometimes I get autofill + auto-login, sometimes I get autofill with no login, sometimes I get no autofill but with auto-login, and sometimes I get neither autofill nor auto-login.  I've gotten all 4 different behaviors on the same site.  I just deal with it now, but it doesn't make me feel good about having paid for the software.

• 7 months later...

This is SO annoying. Is there any progress just yet?

Using Chrome 79.0 on macOS 10.15.2, Enpass 6.3.3, Chrome Enpass extension 6.2.1.
Auto login, auto copy TOTP, and autofill all are enabled. No autofill happening ever, auto login and copying TOTP work fine after manual login.

Just... fix this... make it work... please. It's SO annoying.