Enpass Discussion Forum

New Enpass App is crashing everytime I try to open it..

Prateek

Well the iOS download page for version six says minimum iOS version is 10. But on my iPad 2 - stuck on iOS 9.3.5 because that's as far as Apple went - Enpass was auto-updated to version 6. So I presume it just shouldn't have auto-updated.

The bigger question for me, assuming the Enpass app gets reverted to version 5, is that will it still sync with devices running 6? Seems like this might be the end of the road to sync with older devices.

I'm having the same crashing problem on my iPad with iOS 9.3.5 since the update on 28th December.

I see here that the issue has been acknowledged but please fix with an update urgently or revert to version 5.

I agree that the app should not have updated if it is not compatible with the older iOS devices. Compatability with my older iPad was a key selling point for me to buy this password app. It worked so well until this update.

IOS 10 ? That really SUCKS, I paid for the IOS version, I did not get ANY warning about any update, this is NOT what I want !!!

My Ipads are running IOS 9.3.5 and are working fine for me, but ENPASS forcing me into a terrible update with an UGLY interface, leaving me with useless devices SUCKS !

Create some workaround to enable the use on IOS 9.3.5 or I am forced to switch to an other password manager

Eddie

I also have the current Enpass version on iOS 12.1.2 since yesterday.
Hardware is an iPhone 7 and an iPhone 7 Plus.
On both devices the app collapses when you open it.
If there is no data connection (airplane mode) the app can be opened and used.
I have a WebDAV server ( Synology) in my app to synchronize.
If the server is reachable, the app seems to work.
If the server is not reachable via WLAN or mobile data connection (is checked at startup) the app crashes.
This is the real problem, I think.
It is definitely necessary to implement an option in the app that synchronization can only take place via the WLAN.

This problem did not exist in the previous version!
Why was such a buggy app (there are other problems) released?
I bought a Pro license for my mobile devices and cannot use it at the moment.
Would the developers also like to buy goods and not be able to use them afterwards?

Very very badly converted opposite the paying customer.

Edited by th3Chris

4 hours ago, kaardowiq said:

Just delete the App on iOS 9.x and download it again from the AppStore and you're fine. 

I just tried that step myself. It doesn't work if you have a server that is not always available (private WebDaV server).
After the download I completely reinstalled myself and could synchronize with the WebDAV server without any problems.
After that I finished the app and left the private WLAN network. In the mobile provider network I started the app wiedr. After the LogIN crashin the app immediately again.

The problem is that the app crashes as soon as the server is not available.
This problem did not exist in the previous version.
The work here was simply bad.
Especially the optional possibility to synchronize only in the WLAN is missing.
Even if one is in the WLAN, and the server is not available, the internal App examination must notice this however may then the synchronization only abort but not the entire App useless make.

best regards

Chris

15 hours ago, th3Chris said:

I have a WebDAV server ( Synology) in my app to synchronize.
If the server is reachable, the app seems to work.
If the server is not reachable via WLAN or mobile data connection (is checked at startup) the app crashes.

This is exactly why I bought v5. WebDAV sync at home with Synology.

Don't sync and don't crash when work. And sync do the job when he found again my server.

BTW, App crash at home even if server is reachable.

I don't found a solution to restore previous version on Mac and iOS thanks to App Store and automatic update. I'm so upset.

17 hours ago, th3Chris said:

The problem is that the app crashes as soon as the server is not available.
This problem did not exist in the previous version.
best regards

Chris

Same problem here.
Under iOS 12.1.2, Enpass 6.0.0 (196) works fine. I was also able to synchronize with WebDav on my Synology NAS without any problems. All works well. But when I turn off the NAS, Enpass freezes on iPhone and can't operate menus anymore. Password fill in works but still .
If I switch NAS on again, everything works again.
Enpass searches run the connection to the NAS and if he doesn't find it, Enpass freezes.
From my point of view, it should only be triggered as needed and by hand.

P.S. The desktop under Windows simply gets an error message. Synchronization error. Unpleasant however everything runs.

Thanks for fixing it soon.

Greetings