Enpass Discussion Forum

Autolock Not Working In Version 6

Dypsis

Autolock always worked fine in version 5 desktop, but it's not locking in version 6.

The only option that I always have unticked is Settings > Security > Autolock When: "Main Windows Is Closed".
Those settings worked fine in version 5, but not in version 6.

Edited by Dypsis

29 minutes ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi @Dypsis,

Sorry for inconvenience. Please share your OS details (Desktop Environment too if using Linux) with us.

Thanks.

Hi Vinod.

Windows 10 64-bit.

I am just doing some more testing as I didn't realize that the desktop and Windows Store versions operate separately. A bit confusing.
Please read this post.

Edit: It's still not working, regardless of the 2 different versions. Both versions fail to lock.
It appears that the "System Inactive" setting is not working.

Edited by Dypsis

The feature was removed in v6. In my opinion, it's a huge setback and a huge SECURITY issue. I was horrified when I went to my system tray to open Enpass and I was already logged in!

I mean, you can't remove such a key feature just like that, especially when people have had this setting configured for ages and are used to the application locking itself after being inactive for X amount of time. Many people might not even find out about this for some time, leaving their account data potentially exposed to anyone else who -even by chance- opens the application.

Enpass Team, please do right by your users and fix this security issue.

On 1/4/2019 at 12:00 AM, Bucanero said:

Take a look at the security settings on new version vs. previous version (attached).

Enpass v6 screenshot.png

Enpass v5 screenshot.png

It's there. You have it set to 1 minute on v6. Have a look at the "Autolock When" settings. It's the last one.

But it's not working for me. :(

Edited by Dypsis

On 1/4/2019 at 10:10 PM, Dypsis said:

It's there. You have it set to 1 minute on v6. Have a look at the "Autolock When" settings. It's the last one.

But it's not working for me. :(

Note that the "Autolock when System inactive for X minutes" is not the same as "Autolock when Enpass is idle for X minutes". The latter is missing on the newest Enpass version.

9 hours ago, Bucanero said:

Note that the "Autolock when System inactive for X minutes" is not the same as "Autolock when Enpass is idle for X minutes". The latter is missing on the newest Enpass version.

Oh. yeah. I guess that's why it's not working for me. :o