Enpass Discussion Forum

Touch-ID won't open after background usage[SOLVED]

Tina

Hi,

foremost I would like to thank you for all of the efforts you put into Enpass-6.0. Like with every huge software update there are minor issues that slipped through quality assurance. One of them I like to report with this post:

What should happen?

When I open Enpass 6.0 on my IPhone 7 and send it to background via the Home-Button and open it again the Touch-ID verification should appear.

What happened instead?

Touch-ID verification does not appear. It asks for Master-Password

Tested on:

IOS 12.1.2

IPhone 7

Enpass 6.0.0 (build number 196)

100% reproducible

4 hours ago, Tina said:

Hi,

foremost I would like to thank you for all of the efforts you put into Enpass-6.0. Like with every huge software update there are minor issues that slipped through quality assurance. One of them I like to report with this post:

What should happen?

When I open Enpass 6.0 on my IPhone 7 and send it to background via the Home-Button and open it again the Touch-ID verification should appear.

What happened instead?

Touch-ID verification does not appear. It asks for Master-Password.

Tested on:

IOS 12.1.2

IPhone 7

Enpass 6.0.0 (build number 196)

100% reproducible

Hi @Tina

Are you able to see Touch-ID icon in the upper right corner on login screen? If not please do reset Touch-ID in the app security settings.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm replying to this topic because its very similar to my issue.

I tried resetting 'Face ID' (by going into the app settings, turning off the 'Face ID' toggle for the app, then turning it back on, however the issue persists).

The issue is Face-ID ONLY shows the first time the app is open. If I open Enpass, copy a password to the clipboard, swipe over to Chrome/Safari/etc, then swipe back to Enpass... it'll ask for my Master Password every time. It will not attempt to use Face-ID, and it does not have a Face-ID icon.

If I force-quit Enpass, it'll correctly use Face-ID upon next launch.

I tried this on my iPad Pro 11 and it appears Face-ID shows every time (along with the Face-ID icon). So the issue appears to only present on my iPhone X as of now. Screenshot after swiping back to Enpass is attached (showing no Face-ID icon).

What should happen?

When I open Enpass 6.0.1 on my IPhone X and send it to background via the Home-Button (swipe) and open it again the Face-ID verification should appear.

What happened instead?

Face-ID verification does not appear. It asks for Master-Password

Tested on:

IOS 12.1.2 (16C101)

IPhone X

Enpass 6.0.1

100% reproducible

IMG_0720.PNG

Edited by BATeller