Enpass Discussion Forum

APK Download

Richard

You guys are really giving me a dilemma.  I have just upgraded to v6 across the board and I love it.  Looks great, even on my hidpi laptop and the ui is a breeze to use.  Great work.

However, I'm trying to remove Google services from my life.  I have installed Lineage on my tablet and am using F-Droid for apps.  I saw a previous thread on this forum where you said you did not plan to support anything other than the Play Store. This leaves me with the choice of staying tied to Google or giving up on Enpass.  Not a choice I like.

Is there no possibility of you being able to offer an APK download, limited by account on enpass.io?  If you can't audit the Play store purchase records then I would be happy to pay again, directly to Sinew.

Hi,

there are a few similar requests in the forum, but the answer was always, that they are not planning to provide a full featured version for use without google play. While it is possible to downlad enpass from Gplay via Yalp Store (I am using /e/ with F-Droid an Yalp Store) the restriction to 20 entrys remains which makes enpass unusable :(

I switched to https://www.bitwarden.com, which is  OpenSource, selfhostable (difficult) and okayish and free, but enpass fits my needs much better - I would happily pay a yearly fee for having a functional enpass to use without GPlay.

Greetings,

Frank

Edited by frank17

13 hours ago, frank17 said:

I switched to https://www.bitwarden.com, which is  OpenSource, selfhostable (difficult) and okayish and free, but enpass fits my needs much better - I would happily pay a yearly fee for having a functional enpass to use without GPlay.

Non-easy self-hosting makes this option pointless.  If I wanted a hosted option I'd just use LastPass.

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Non-easy self-hosting makes this option pointless.  If I wanted a hosted option I'd just use LastPass.

Well, how easy you find it depends on your skills: You can take the official bitwarden appliance  as docker-Container, this shouldn't be too hard, but consumes a lot of resources, so I am not shure if this runs on a NAS at home smoothly. However there are other solutions like rubywarden. 
Enpass with its easy WebDAV Sync to my self hosted Nextcloud surely is unbeatable.

As long as the enpass people are unwilling to let us pay for a "Non Google Play" full version, enpass is out of the race for me.

Would be nice to hear an official statement regarding to this, so we can decide if it is worth a little wait -- or to move on.

Greetings,

Frank

25 minutes ago, frank17 said:

Well, how easy you find it depends on your skills: You can take the official bitwarden appliance  as docker-Container, this shouldn't be too hard, but consumes a lot of resources, so I am not shure if this runs on a NAS at home smoothly. However there are other solutions like rubywarden. 
Enpass with its easy WebDAV Sync to my self hosted Nextcloud surely is unbeatable.

Running a Docker container is no issue for me.  I'll take a look.

27 minutes ago, frank17 said:

As long as the enpass people are unwilling to let us pay for a "Non Google Play" full version, enpass is out of the race for me

I'm just exploring life without Google.  There's a few other hurdles for me yet.  Namely, I've not found a good replacements for Google Maps.

26 minutes ago, frank17 said:

Would be nice to hear an official statement regarding to this, so we can decide if it is worth a little wait -- or to move on.

This is the one big complaint I have against Sinew is that they are horribly slow to respond to customers.