Stahlreck

Full-time Windows Hello for v6

I'll just bring this up again...

Enpass sadly lost it's ability for full-time Windows Hello support with v6. I would really like you bringing this back asap for devices with TPM since it was very convenient. I hope there is no technical limitation because it's now a bridged Win32 app.

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "full-time Windows Hello support" … Are you talking about the fact that Enpass needs the master password once after a restart? If yes: I have that on my Surface Book 2 too. That is ultra-annoying. V5 UWP didn't do that. So I need to get my Android Enpass to get the Enpass master password before Windows Hello works again.

That being said, after unlocking Enpass with the master password once, Windows Hello seems to work fine for me.

Yes that's what I mean. Sadly there doesn't seem to be any response by the developers about this and no information about implementing it back...or at least a reason why it's been removed. It's just annoying having to type in the master password once at the start when you could just use Hello from the start if you have a secure TPM chip.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:17 PM, Stahlreck said:

Yes that's what I mean. Sadly there doesn't seem to be any response by the developers about this and no information about implementing it back...or at least a reason why it's been removed. It's just annoying having to type in the master password once at the start when you could just use Hello from the start if you have a secure TPM chip.

Yep, I bought Pro thinking this version worked like that. It's too disappointing