Enpass Discussion Forum

New Enpass Update kill Dropbox Sync - Error code: 208035

PhreePhly

Love the new look, hate not having my sync.  Not sure what's happening.  I setup my sync and the app directs me to the dropbox login and when I give permission to access the sync folder, I get a sync error.  "Something went wrong while syncing with Dropbox.  Error code: 208035"

Any ideas to move forward?

15 hours ago, PhreePhly said:

Love the new look, hate not having my sync.  Not sure what's happening.  I setup my sync and the app directs me to the dropbox login and when I give permission to access the sync folder, I get a sync error.  "Something went wrong while syncing with Dropbox.  Error code: 208035"

Any ideas to move forward?

I experience the same on Android :/

@Vinod Kumar 

"Enpass not syncing correctly because 2 sync files now being used after v6 update on iOS device, cannot update Linux 32 bit machine as no update appears to be available"

Hi, I have problem with my sync to Dropbox folder Apps/Enpass. The problem appears  to be that the new v6 Enpass update on iOS has generated a new sync file in my Dropbox.

In my online cloud Dropbox folder Apps/Enpass, there's now 2 files, the older one called "sync.default.walletx" which still works with my Linux desktop application ( 32bit Linux Mint 18.3 v5.6.9) when I edit/add/delete password and was working correctly last week when I used my iOS v5.6.1. After updating my 32bit iPhone 5 (10.3) with latest version Enpass V6.0.0, a new sync file has appeared called "vault.enpassdbsync", this new file is being updated when I add/edit/delete passwords but as you can guess does not sync to my Linux machine for obvious reasons.

Please note, that on my 32 bit Linux Mint 18.3 Syliva machine, I pull the latest update via the Sinew Repository deb http: //repo.sinew.in/ stable main and I still cannot get update.

I just noticed that Enpass are not doing a 32 bit version for Linux anymore, see image attached? Is this true and the decision final? Seems odd iOS 32bit iPhone support is kept and not Linux 32 bit? Maybe this is the issue with syncing problems by other users?

1942960776_Screenshotat2018-12-3117-39-45.thumb.png.36728421475c344c0952b03d7ba18c28.png

1758190897_Screenshotat2018-12-3117-58-57.thumb.png.7862a5feab0a079ab48e7b13911e4a03.png

Regards

Anon ;)

Edited by Anon

I'm having the same problem with my android. I can no longer sync between my phone and desktop.

And despite what some may like, I actually think the new look is kind-of ugly for Android. The app feels way less performant, search is slow, and the UI feels really cluttered now. It just doesn't feel like the smooth clean Android app we had in v5. UI wise, I might be able to hold my breath and deal with it, but not being able to sync between my phone and the cloud really kills the usefulness of Enpass all together

Hi guys,

49 minutes ago, kingliam said:

I'm having the same problem with my android. I can no longer sync between my phone and desktop.

Using v5 and v6 can be a cause as mentioned  here.

39 minutes ago, pineman said:

I have a similar problem with Mac and DropBox getting the response; ‘Sorry we couldn’t open the sync client. We couldn’t process the URL’.

Are you having multiple versions of Enpass installed in your Mac? That could be an issue resulting to this error.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 12:46 PM, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi @PhreePhly,

Sorry for inconvenience. Please share your OS version.

Thanks.

Probably should have given all that info in the beginning, sorry.  The sync error is occurring on the Windows version (Windows 10 1803).  When the problem was happening, I disconnected and had Enpass delete my sync file on dropbox.  I do have my dropbox setup to use two-factor using a Yubikey on my PC.  After reading the responses to this thread, I realized I had not tried the IOS version, yet, so I started up the new IOS version, it noted that I wasn't synced, so it setup the dropbox sync.  No issues.  I have a vault.enpassdbsync file now loaded in dropbox.

I was thrilled to have a password program with automatic backup to OneDrive, no hassles, and I didn't need to be techy to use it. So today, I'm on my Win 10 Samsung TabPro2 and it says Update Enpass. New version will help you get the data from other apps more easily. So of course I clicked Yes, update.

And then the problems started: It won't sync with OneDrive. I tried reinstalling it. That made it worse because it now has no data. I tried using my Win 10 phone to send a sync file to Dropbox, but the resulting file is empty. I haven't dared look at the version on my Win 10 desktop computer. And the phone no longer connects to the back uon OneDrive.

I'm just glad I never migrated all my data over to Enpass.

I can tell from the various discussions on the topic that even those with more techy knowledge than I have are frustrated with the new version of Enpass. I want something I can use without having to know all those details that just backs up my passwords like Enpass did before this update, and works on all my devices.

Yes I know that my expensive Win 10 phone is going to be unsupported right away. But it was as good as a computer when I was away on a trip for 8 months!

So then I will be learning another OS and it sounds like the newer Enpass maybe doesn't cross the OS divide all that well, based on some comments. Seems like computing is getting more sophisticated but less user friendly, says this 25 year computer user.

So, I still cannot sync from my PC to dropbox.  Syncing works on my iPhone.  Is there anything that the developers can tells us regarding fixing this issue?  The whole reason for having a password manager in the cloud is to allow seamless syncing and usability between various devices.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 7:24 PM, PhreePhly said:

So, I still cannot sync from my PC to dropbox.  Syncing works on my iPhone.  Is there anything that the developers can tells us regarding fixing this issue?  The whole reason for having a password manager in the cloud is to allow seamless syncing and usability between various devices.

Same here. Still not being able to set up sync wit dropbox on more than one installation (error codes while setting up sync on android).

Dropbox sync not working, sync seems random (or not at all syncing). Should I worry that my passwords is "synced out", that is lost due to bad sync. Update or adding new entry is not syncronized, depending on source.

I do not feel comfortable, should I write down my passwords on paper just in case?

Sure disappointed that Enpass hasn't addressed these issues. And after I paid for Enpass! (Also after my previous wonderful password syncing program was pulled from the store.) I am finding that i get a Dropbox sync, but only after I manually make it happen. It takes going two layers down into drop down menus on the computer version. Then I check the drop box file to see it it is there. Shouldn't have to do that. I set up a fake entry so I can see if there are changes. Not sure about my phone getting the data. I had to again reenter my Dropbox pw. Then it seemed "seemed" to work. I tried reentering OneDrive pws but that was a waste of time. BTW OneDrive is no longer backing up several of my other fav apps. So pdfft on MS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 12:24 PM, PhreePhly said:

So, I still cannot sync from my PC to dropbox. Syncing works on my iPhone. Is there anything that the developers can tells us regarding fixing this issue? The whole reason for having a password manager in the cloud is to allow seamless syncing and usability between various devices.

On 1/20/2019 at 3:44 PM, twisme said:

Same here. Still not being able to set up sync wit dropbox on more than one installation (error codes while setting up sync on android).

On 1/25/2019 at 10:38 AM, spelevinken said:

Dropbox sync not working, sync seems random (or not at all syncing). Should I worry that my passwords is "synced out", that is lost due to bad sync. Update or adding new entry is not syncronized, depending on source.

I do not feel comfortable, should I write down my passwords on paper just in case?

On 1/25/2019 at 11:03 AM, LoieJ said:

Sure disappointed that Enpass hasn't addressed these issues. And after I paid for Enpass! (Also after my previous wonderful password syncing program was pulled from the store.) I am finding that i get a Dropbox sync, but only after I manually make it happen. It takes going two layers down into drop down menus on the computer version. Then I check the drop box file to see it it is there. Shouldn't have to do that. I set up a fake entry so I can see if there are changes. Not sure about my phone getting the data. I had to again reenter my Dropbox pw. Then it seemed "seemed" to work. I tried reentering OneDrive pws but that was a waste of time. BTW OneDrive is no longer backing up several of my other fav apps. So pdfft on MS.

Hey guys, I had similar issues to your own. I resolved them today and I can now access my passwords from three vaults, from my home computer and mobile phone. I sync one vault to Dropbox, another to Google Drive, and the third one goes to OneDrive. I am willing to help but right now I am starting my work. I will set a reminder to check back later and try to offer tips. Meanwhile, please reply here to tell me what operating system you are using Enpass with and which version of Enpass you have installed, on each device where passwords are stored.

I have Windows 10. On desktop computer, it is 6.4.268.0.  I believe it is the same on my mini laptop, also Win 10.  My phone is Win 10.  Not sure about the version, and I'm not going to mess with looking since Win 10 phones are no longer supported. I am getting the two computers to back up to Dropbox in the app folder.  Turns out that the phone also backs up to that folder, but in a different file and those two files don't sync.  Because I need to buy another phone, different OS, I haven't to put a lot of time into this situation in case either Enpass makes me start over or I find I need a different password keeper.  I don't know how I got it to back up to Dropbox, except when OneDrive stopped working, I set up Dropbox.  For awhile, that folder was empty, but then it started working if I did a manual backup.  Now it seems to sync automatically.  As mentioned above in a different post, I retried OneDrive, but it won't work. 

I really need to get all the data from my previous password app and move it to Enpass or another app.  But I'm being cautious in case Enpass doesn't work on whatever phone I buy.

On 12/31/2018 at 12:17 PM, rlengland said:

For the record, I have Enpass running and syncing using Dropbox on the following devices

HTC One M9  phone Android 7.0 release 4.27.531.6
Enpass vers 6.0.4.196

Fedora Linux v29 Kernel 4.20.5
Enpass vers 6.0.4(281)

Linux Mint v18.3 Kernel 4.15.0
Enpass vers 6.0.4(218)

I agreed to share information on how I resolved my issues with getting Enpass to sync across multiple devices. Before doing that, I give a full disclaimer. I am not a member of the Enpass team and any information or opinions shared here forth are my own. If you take my advice, you do so at your own risk. 

My device setup: Windows 10 with Enpass v.6.0.4 and Android v9.0.0 with Enpass (beta) v.6.0.4

Important: Before you follow any steps I include below, I advise you to take a backup of all your Enpass vaults on your desktop computer as outlined in the Enpass user guide.
Before moving on, make sure you have a record of what your password is for the vaults stored on all devices. This is especially important for an upcoming step when you will restore a backup.

Now, if you are seeing two different wallet files in Dropbox (i.e. “sync.default.walletx” and “vault.enpassdbsync”) then that typically means one or more of your device is using an older wallet version. The file “vault.enpassdbsync” is the newer version that follows the release of Enpass v6.x.x. 

What I did was backup my Enpass wallet on my mobile phone over Wi-Fi. You can do this by going to Enpass settings > Advanced > Backup> Over Wi-Fi. Afterward, you can download this file to your desktop computer. I saved it to the same location where Enpass stores “Auto Backups”. You’ll understand why, later. If you don’t have this setting enabled yet, do it now.

The Auto Backups location will vary by operating system (Windows, Linux, OSX). I run Windows 10 and I changed it to point to a folder on my external hard disk drive. You can check under Enpass settings > Auto Backups for your folder location. Important: Take note of the filename for the backup you’re downloading to your desktop via Wi-Fi. It named my backup “2019-02-07-1549541890367-3_vaults-1189_items_2_attachments-google Pixel sailfish”. The most important thing to note is the number of items stored in that backup. In my case, there were 1,189 items stored on my Google Pixel phone. Note: At this step, we have not yet restored any data on the desktop computer.

Next, you will want to you “export” your Enpass wallet using the desktop client, to a different location. Go to Enpass Menu > File > Export. You will need this file later to import data and merge it with the restored backup from your mobile phone. Name the exported file something like “Enpass-<computer name>-<current date>.json”.

After the export is complete, it is time to erase the data stored in Enpass on both your desktop computer and mobile phone. This done by going to Enpass settings > Advanced and click on “Erase Everything”. Note: This will also disconnect the Enpass app from your Dropbox account. which you want to happen. Repeat these same steps on your mobile phone. Essentially, we are resetting Enpass to a pre-install state.

Earlier, I stated you might two wallet files in Dropbox. Log in to Dropbox and delete those files. Yes, delete both. Once you have, you can restore the data we backed up over Wi-Fi connection earlier. If you saved it to the “Auto Backups” location, when you go to Enpass settings > Auto Backups and click on “Previous Backups”, there will be a restore point containing the number of items stored in the backup taken from your mobile phone.

Review the passwords and other Enpass items that should now appear in your vault. If it satisfies you, continue. Otherwise, you can either erase everything from Enpass and rollback to your original vault or start over with the instructions I’ve written.

Remember the exported file you created earlier on your desktop computer? It’s time to “import” that file. Why import? Well, it is because Enpass will merge items it imports with data in an existing vault. Whereas, my understanding is that when you restore a backup it overwrites all items in the vault.

Review the passwords and other Enpass items you have just imported. If everything looks okay, applaud yourself. The only step remaining is to set up sync on your desktop computer to synchronize your new vault data. Afterward, set up sync on your mobile phone to the same Dropbox account. This is to restore data that your desktop computer would have just synchronized. Also, if you had multiple vaults originally, you can recreate them on the desktop computer then go to Enpass settings > Vaults, select the vault and set up sync to restore the data for additional vaults. Keep in mind that vaults are intended to be used with a different cloud storage account. I have three vaults (Primary, Family, and Work) and I sync them to Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive, respectively. I do not have to sync to an entirely different cloud storage service—that is my personal choice.

Wow, that is a lot of steps.  I think I could do that, although my Enpass has so few entries that I could write them down by hand, delete the apps, download again, and reenter everything, (probably.)  In any case, before I do all those steps, I want to follow through on getting the data out of my previous PW back up app and into Enpass somehow.  Or maybe do your steps and then try to migrate the data to Enpass.  I am concerned that all this info is in the cloud (and computer if I use the local back up) and then, PooF, maybe it goes away. My previous app is gone on one of my devices, never to be returned, as it isn't in the store any more.  Then Enpass pulls this upgrade, after people paid for the lifetime license.  Since I plan to purchase a new phone with a different OS, I may be going through the ritual again. Deep breath....Thanks for all the info.  I am sure that it will be helpful, as you explain well. Is your post public?

@seancojr

You described it very well. ;)

Even though I’m not affected by this issue, still have one remark: I could imagine that it probably could work out as well (if it’s only about the fact that 2 different databases exists in the same folder), when just disabling the sync with Dropbox on each device, checking out and deleting if there is any data left in your cloud storage and finally enabling the Dropbox sync again?

I’d appreciate if somebody with those kind of problems could check it out and give some feedback. Maybe that’s one of the reasons that some people have troubles using cloud syncing (not only Dropbox, but e.g. also WebDAV) and this is not finally resolved yet... because I had from the first day on no such issues with syncing my various vaults over about 10 different devices at all. Maybe because I created a separately folder for the new sync location for Enpass v6?

Edited by xarekate

On 2/8/2019 at 12:12 PM, LoieJ said:

Wow, that is a lot of steps. I think I could do that, although my Enpass has so few entries that I could write them down by hand, delete the apps, download again, and reenter everything, (probably.) In any case, before I do all those steps, I want to follow through on getting the data out of my previous PW back up app and into Enpass somehow. Or maybe do your steps and then try to migrate the data to Enpass. I am concerned that all this info is in the cloud (and computer if I use the local back up) and then, PooF, maybe it goes away. My previous app is gone on one of my devices, never to be returned, as it isn't in the store any more. Then Enpass pulls this upgrade, after people paid for the lifetime license. Since I plan to purchase a new phone with a different OS, I may be going through the ritual again. Deep breath....Thanks for all the info. I am sure that it will be helpful, as you explain well. Is your post public?

It does appear that way, huh? :) Technically, it's about 7 steps but I chose to write them with as much detail because this is after all, our precious password (and other data) we're discussing. Also, the post should be public.

Edited by seancojr
Update

• 7 months later...