Enpass Discussion Forum

Importing from LastPass - "Nothing to Import"

So I just purchased pro after a glowing review of Enpass that I read online.  I have been using LastPass for at least eight years but I like the fact that Enpass stores passwords locally (and via your own cloud services).

Well, I downloaded the CSV file from LastPass / export to my desktop.  I open Enpass and continue to import but get the error message "Nothing to Import".

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Edited by Duncan.K
Wrong error message.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have successfully imported the complete vault from Lastpass several times.  The process that seems to work best for me is to do the following:

1. Export Vault from Lastpass
  2. Select all text and save as plaintext file with ".csv" extension
  3. Open file in Excel (or some other spreadsheet program, Google Docs, LibreOffice, etc.)
  4. Save file as CSV file from inside the spreadsheet software
  5. Import resulting file into Enpass using the Lastpass import type

Every time I have done this I got a complete import of all the data.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi @gregoir911

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, please try the below steps -

1. I recommend checking our highly useful guide on importing your data to Enpass to ensure that you are not missing any crucial steps.
  2. Create a fresh export file from lastpass and try importing again (Please do not open the exported file before importing it).

If the issue persists, please share the below details and I’ll have this further investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app, Lastpass app, and OS you are using.
  2. A screenshot of the error occurring would be helpful.

Don't buy Enpass. This support sucks. They're kidding us. They've been doing that for years. They write that they will fix the problem in the next update. That never happens. They want a demo account that will never be called. They say that they forward the requests to some teams. That doesn't happen. Everything goes straight to the recycle bin. What's more, Enpass has been evasive in answering questions about security for years. We have to assume that Enpass contains very large security vulnerabilities that have not been fixed for years. I strongly advise against using Enpass. Don't buy Enpass.

• Like 2