Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Browser on iOS???

Hello Enpass Team,

thank you very much for the new update. Most of it seems to work. Unfortunately he didn't take over some passwords. But ok, you can get over that. 

My problem is that the Enpass Browser is missing in iOS. You can only choose Safari or Chrome. Where is the great Enpass browser? Will it come back? Now it jumps out of the app and has to dial in again every time.

Is that what you want or is there another fix?

Hi @Realmann69

Thanks for liking Enpass. We are on to release the fixes for the issues.

We have deliberately removed the build it browser on mobiles because of the possible internal issues related to Webkit. Now since the iOS itself support the Autofilling in Apps and browsers, there is less need for Enpass browser. Makes sense?

Hello @Hemant Kumar,

Unfortunately this works with the automatic filling but not correctly. I want to explain this shortly before.

In the old version of Enpass, you could open the Enpass Browser on your mobile and the username and password were filled in automatically. You could log in on the page and everything was ok. When you were done you could jump directly back to your favorites and open the next page with the Enpass Browser. That was very comfortable, because you sometimes log in to several pages one after the other. 

Now you have created favorites. You choose a page e.g. Safari gets to the page but it doesn't fill out automatically. You have to press a small button again at the top of the browser and then select Enpass. When you are done and you want to go back to Enpass to select the next favorite you have to log in again to Enpass and unfortunately this does not work with the FaceID. 

Please compare the old Enpass version with Enpass Browser and the new Enpass version without browser. It would be great if you could reinstall it. 

On 1/1/2019 at 10:25 PM, Hemant Kumar said:

Hi @Realmann69

Thanks for liking Enpass. We are on to release the fixes for the issues.

We have deliberately removed the build it browser on mobiles because of the possible internal issues related to Webkit. Now since the iOS itself support the Autofilling in Apps and browsers, there is less need for Enpass browser. Makes sense?

Dear Kumar,

I'd like to also complain about it.

The main reason way i used Enpass was the build it browser from Enpass.

I'd like to open some web site via Enpass browser only. I don't want to be linked to the site via Safari or any other default browser.

I believe that there a lot of same opinion and complaint from others.

Could you please consider it once again to activate the internal built browser on Enpass once again? otherwise, i have to think quit Enpass but i don't want.

Regards.