Enpass Discussion Forum

Why was auto-lock when Enpass idle removed in v6 on Windows?

downloaderfan

Just upgraded to Enpass 6.0 on Windows 10, traditional Win32 version. Immediately after update, I noticed that auto-lock when enpass is idle feature has been removed. Now only auto lock when system idle for 1 minute exists which unnecessarily causes my enpass vault to be unlocked for a longer period & I'm not comfortable with that. For whatever reasons, they decided to keep this feature on the Android version. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21 hours ago, Roger said:

Change "System Inactive for..." from 1 to let´s say 100.

When i do that Enpass do not shut down after 1 minute.

Not sure if you are trolling mate.

Never did I ask for "How to prevent enpass shut down after 1 minute" & that's far from anything relevant to this post. I've written & provided screenshots in detail & there is nothing more I can do if ppl still fail to understand the issue. :(

Edited by downloaderfan

7 hours ago, downloaderfan said:

Note sure if you are trolling mate.

Never did I ask for "How to prevent enpass shut down after 1 minute" & that's far from anything relevant to this post. I've written & provided screenshots in detail & there is nothing more I can do if ppl still fail to understand the issue. :(

I am definitely not trolling.

So what you want is to auto lock when Enpass has been idle for less than one (1) minute?

4 hours ago, Roger said:

So what you want is to auto lock when Enpass has been idle for less than one (1) minute?

Yes, only when enpass is idle for less than 1 minute, not the system. Because I use my system very frequently & enpass will stay unlocked for a longer period unnecessarily now since they removed this feature. Also, this was one of the main reasons why I choose Enpass over other password managers 2 years ago.

They removed the feature in v6. In my opinion, it's a huge setback and a huge SECURITY issue. I was horrified when I went to my system tray to open Enpass and I was already logged in!

I mean, you can't remove such a key feature just like that, especially when people have had this setting configured for ages and are used to the application locking itself after being inactive for X amount of time. Many people might not even find out about this for some time, leaving their account data potentially exposed to anyone else who -even by chance- opens the application.

Enpass Team, please do right by your users and fix this security issue.

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:52 PM, Bucanero said:

They removed the feature in v6. In my opinion, it's a huge setback and a huge SECURITY issue. I was horrified when I went to my system tray to open Enpass and I was already logged in!

I mean, you can't remove such a key feature just like that, especially when people have had this setting configured for ages and are used to the application locking itself after being inactive for X amount of time. Many people might not even find out about this for some time, leaving their account data potentially exposed to anyone else who -even by chance- opens the application.

Enpass Team, please do right by your users and fix this security issue.

Just updated today to v6.4.268.0. Seems that they have added back this feature.

TipZ199.png

On 2/11/2019 at 6:17 AM, downloaderfan said:

Just updated today to v6.4.268.0. Seems that they have added back this feature.

Hi downloaderfan,

Is the v6.4.268.0 version you mentioned for Enpass traditional?

If so, will just doing an update to my Enpass traditional v6.0.0 (230) get me that version?  I've been reluctant to do updates since the one I did screwed up the interface with blurry and mis-aligned text, which forced me to go back to v6.0.0 (230) to get back to normal.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, skylark said:

Hi downloaderfan,

Is the v6.4.268.0 version you mentioned for Enpass traditional?

If so, will just doing an update to my Enpass traditional v6.0.0 (230) get me that version?  I've been reluctant to do updates since the one I did screwed up the interface with blurry and mis-aligned text, which forced me to go back to v6.0.0 (230) to get back to normal.

Thanks!

It's the Windows Store version. I'm not sure about the traditional version.