Enpass Discussion Forum

3 cents about payment for Enpass and 6.0 upgrade

zyghom

Hi there,

I am happy user of Enpass and I have - like many others - recommended it to many of my friends.

However I am completely unhappy with:

1- Pro version for Desktop - your main motto is: "desktop version for free" - it is NOT ANYMORE as you have removed few free-till-now features and included them ONLY in Pro version

2- main reason I bought Enpass is its capability of multi OS synchro - I bought iOS version and Android version. Together with MacOS version I am a complete user. The problem remains: I need to pay 3 times now (considering the point above).

The answer from the developers that it is IMPOSSIBLE to merge buying from Google Play and Apple Store is just an EXCUSE - the versions on stores could be "light" or "free" while user could have activate Pro versions by using another credentials.

All above is making me looking for the alternatives and for sure I will find one soon. Not me only but everybody who is unhappy for this greedy approach. Seeing on this forum (but not only here) how many people realised that version 6.0 brought completely new way of treating the customers it is only a matter of time when someone will come with more user friendly versions.

Again: I am not against payment. But I am against paying 3 times for the main feature of Enpass that is: multi OS synchro.

• Like 5

Hey,

I've signed up here just to reply to this topic. I have the same concerns - I'm very disappointed, because Desktop version was always free with all features included and it was one of the main reason for me to purchase Android app (don't actually need the mobile Enpass, but just wanted to pay for such a great product).

Today I noticed that new version of Enpass is available, it looked for me like a great New Year gift. But when I opened the updated app on my MacOS, I realised that some key features which have been always available all the time for free (like Touch ID) - they suddenly became Premium. This is really confusing me. What I need to expect next? Version 7.0.0 will extract Cloud sync feature in some Super Premium plan and I will have to pay again, right? This must not work like this - this is just a cheating, it's not a right way to suddenly make free features non-free and ask user to pay for it to earn more money.

This is weird to see that Enpass developers cannot merge purchases from other platforms - this is just another and very convenient reason for them to make people to buy their product again.

I can leave without Touch ID on my desktop version, OK. But I cannot trust Enpass like it was before version 6 upgrade, very upset with this situation. Thinking about moving to another password manager

Thanks

• Like 4

On 12/31/2018 at 2:55 PM, Alexander said:

... But I cannot trust Enpass like it was before version 6 upgrade, very upset with this situation. Thinking about moving to another password manager ...

the feeling of everyone who was scammed be enpass

After experiencing the Enpass 6.0 upgrade I am out. I already owned B-Folders and it meets my needs for password management.

Why I am gone for good:

1) Enpass has always been slow. Slow to load and slow to search, especially on Android.

2) Enpass 6.0 on Linux was a disaster. It is obvious that you don't test on very many Distros. In fact your testing process is severely lacking.

3) You screwed up the search by introducing the different elements to search. You can't search on more than one, and the selection is not "sticky" on Android, so you must always select Fields before you search. I haven't seen many people complaining about this, but it is a big step backwards.

4) The desktop UI looks like a mobile app and is poorly laid out. Edit icon is in the wrong place. Duplicate is buried in some dot dot dot menu where it used to be a right-click away. Why would you take features away that were excellent and make the application ugly? The desktop can do more, so the app should take advantage of that.

5) I'm not sure what Enpass is written in, but it is huge, a memory hog, and slow. Have some pride in your work and write some efficient code.

If you keep releasing upgrades that are as poorly tested and buggy as this one, you are going to drive customers away. I can see the review ratings dropping now. Do NOT be a company that shoves the product out the door prematurely and then slowly fixes things, using the customers as beta testers.When Enpass came out it had an unbeatable set of features and wide multi-platform support, which is why I bought it. It still has that advantage, but you screwed me on the 6.0 upgrade and I am not coming back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't work for enpass, but I just want to say that whomever complaining about paying for the additional features Is CHEAP. 

Get real man, $10 is not a lot, even high school students can afford this x 3 OS = $30 (if you have this many OS, you should be able to afford $30).

I personally think enpass has the best business model here, multiple Vault without additional $$ is a win for customer. IF you want the additional feature then pay for it, enpass didn't actually strip any feature from the free version, so quit your whinning. 

PS to OP, you're paying thousands $$$ for macOS, you can't afford ONE TIME PAYMENT OF $10 ? I get it if it's subscription and you got to pay monthly but It's ONE TIME. 

If you work instead of posting the thread, you'd be able to get that $10 by now. 

Edited by mrSLK
  • Confused 2

@mrSLK

It's not the money, it's the principle: You purchase a program with features you want for a "one time payment" and are promised a "lifetime license". Then a few months later that program is replaced by a new one:

• without the features you originally paid for
  • without asking you if you wanted to upgrade
  • and the original program is removed from the app store so you cannot go back

Sure, I pay $10 for a lot of things without thinking much about it. But I take it very seriously when I'm promised something and then that promise is broken.

It's about trust, not about the money!

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2019 at 7:23 AM, Alexander said:

This topic is relevant only to Desktop apps, so feel free to upgrade your mobile apps

No, do not feel free. If you are using the pro UWP app, if you upgrade your mobile app, they will no longer sync together. It is very important that if you want to keep using UWP, *none* of your other platforms can move to version 6, otherwise it breaks the UWP app.

On 1/26/2019 at 9:48 PM, mrSLK said:

I don't work for enpass, but I just want to say that whomever complaining about paying for the additional features Is CHEAP. 

Get real man, $10 is not a lot, even high school students can afford this x 3 OS = $30 (if you have this many OS, you should be able to afford $30).

I personally think enpass has the best business model here, multiple Vault without additional $$ is a win for customer. IF you want the additional feature then pay for it, enpass didn't actually strip any feature from the free version, so quit your whinning. 

PS to OP, you're paying thousands $$$ for macOS, you can't afford ONE TIME PAYMENT OF $10 ? I get it if it's subscription and you got to pay monthly but It's ONE TIME. 

If you work instead of posting the thread, you'd be able to get that $10 by now. 

My problem is I paid $10 for Android and $10 for Windows in the past. Now, with version 6, the $10 lifetime license I purchased for Windows will no longer work with the Android version. They broke the product I purchased. So, honestly, this would be a *second* payment of $10 for an application from the Windows store. You can't guarantee its a *one* time payment since this is already untrue. If you're willing to give money to people simply because they ask you for it and haven't earned it, that's your own problem, but it doesn't mean you can lecture other people about how they should give out money for free.