Enpass Discussion Forum

[SOLVED] Importing data from Bitwarden

Hello,

I'm Bitwarden user since several months ago, my first Password Manager was LastPass, then I migrated to Bitwarden because is OpenSource and auditable. Before all this, I was a licensed user of Enpass in Android, but I didn't use it because it lack by the time, of a lot of important features for me. Recently I just read about the latest Enpass version (6), and I wanted to give it a try, again. So I just gone over my Bitwarden export tool and exported all the data in CSV format, (Bitwarden can export data in .json format too), there were exported over 500 of several kind items. Then I used the Enpass desktop application to import the CSV file. It took a couple of minutes to read the file and parse the data, but it shown that there were just 61 items, when I have more than 500. So, obviously the import tool doesn't work as expected for Bitwarden, and for me it is a bad start, again, for Enpass. I hope this app get better anytime in the future, because since my first contact with it, I just had have a bad experience with this app.

Best regards,

Edited by Oscar A. Mata T.

Hi @Oscar A. Mata T.

Sorry for the trouble. I agree, it was a bad experience for you. Bitwarden doesn't export the Cards and Identities entries in CSV format. We are providing the .JSON format in our next update. Soon you are able to import all of your data into Enpass. Surely,  it will work for you. Stay in touch for the better experience.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...