Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass 6.0.0. Core Dumps on Ubuntu

blenderfox

I have Enpass 5.6.0 on an Ubuntu machine (17.10)

I wanted to upgrade it to 6.0.0 so I followed the download Instructions the application doesn't start.

When attepting to run

/opt/enpass/Enpass

in console, it returns "Core Dumped"

I've tried purging the application, removing everything I can find related to Enpass, and reinstall but it still core dumps.

Any ideas?

I can confirm that Enpass 6 doesn't run on Ubuntumate 17.10 here, I'll be letting this thread notify me of things I can try with my system as well.. works great on 3 debian stretch workstations so I know the enpass team have been doing a great job 

thanks

happy new year btw

Ubuntu Mate 17.10

I couldn't open Enpass 6.0 from menu. I wrote this launcher script to make it work.

#!/bin/bash
export GDK_BACKEND=x11
export QT4_IM_MODULE=xim
export QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1
export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2
/opt/enpass/Enpass

I have a crash log if you want me to send it to you.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:17 PM, gargolito said:

Ubuntu Mate 17.10

I couldn't open Enpass 6.0 from menu. I wrote this launcher script to make it work.

#!/bin/bash
export GDK_BACKEND=x11
export QT4_IM_MODULE=xim
export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
/opt/enpass/Enpass

thanks gargolito, this fixed it for launching here on the same ubuntumate..  the only thing I have to do is throw in a custom .desktop file 

xdg-desktop-menu install user-mycustom-enpass.desktop

.. for the time I'll be having this as a workaround until this gets patched.

Edited by awlks

In my home computer (xUbuntu 18.04) enpass (version 6.0.1.239, installed through apt repository) is not starting, 

If I launch it from the menu entry nothing happens and after a while a ubuntu bug report pops up saying it has crashed.

If I start it form the command line running '/opt/enpass/Enpass' I get a 'abort (core dumped)  /opt/enpass/Enpass' error message.

The strange thing is that in my work computer (a xUtuntu 18.04 too) it works, the "only" difference betweeen both computers is that in my home computer I have an HiDPI screen.

• xoner changed the title to Enpass 6.0 does not start in linux

I fixed this -- I reinstalled Ubuntu (upgrading to Ubuntu Cosmic in the meantime)

Then I was able to get 6.0.0 to start, but it would not detect any data on my Google Drive. So I downloaded the wallet file manually, and pointed Enpass to the local copy instead, and THEN synced it up to Google Drive.

Yeah, it ran through the "upgrading" process and I was able to login and setup sync, everything.

Then when I finally managed to get 6.0.0 running on Ubuntu, it said it couldn't find any data on Google Drive, until I copied down the sync wallet from the Enpass folder (which I'm guessing now is the 5.x data), pointed the first start wizard at it and then relinking to Google Drive after that.

On 1/1/2019 at 8:17 PM, gargolito said:

Ubuntu Mate 17.10

#!/bin/bash
export GDK_BACKEND=x11
export QT4_IM_MODULE=xim
export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
/opt/enpass/Enpass

Hi,

Thanks a lot !!!!
If you make

/opt/enpass/Enpass "$@"

of that last line... it will also transmit all the arguments to the app

• Thanks 1