Enpass Discussion Forum

Problem with pin password

paulsiu

Hi,

i installed the new enpass 6 on a iphone with the latest IOS. The enpass is setup to pin unlocked. What happens when I click on empass password is that I get a prompt for PIN. When I entered the pin, it always said that the PIN input is incorrect. When I go into the application and try to use the PIN, it works fine. The issue only shows up when I ask Enpass to enter the site password and is prompted to enter the pin. After a few tries, I get a prompt for the master password, which does work.

The issue only affects IOS. It does not occur for Android or Windows. However, it's preventing me from buying the whole of solutions. My family is on 3 platform and I need one that works on all platforms.

Paul

Also: Why do I keep getting a cleantalk forbidden error. This is my 5th attempt to post.

Edited by paulsiu
talk about clean talk

To duplicate this issue.

1. Is IOS enpass, change security setting to use a PIN.
  2. Test the PIN by using it to log into enpass app.
  3. Open a website in the vault and then select the option to populate password.
  4. User is prompted to enter PIN, Entering the PIN set in #1 does not work and will result in invalid PIN. Keep entering the PIN until the prompt for master password appears. When it does, enter the master password, which works fine.

Paul

An update apparently fixed the issue. Now PIN works properly. I have decided to purchased the software for all of the platform. Previously to 6, I was going to pick some other software due to stability issue in Enpass 5.x and that Firefox extension did not work. Now that I tried enpass 6, I notice an improvement in stability, so I decided to purchase it.