Enpass Discussion Forum

Webdav Restore not working (latest w/ iOS)

Berzerker

As an update, I was able to download the walletx file from OwnCloud into iCloud Drive and open it in Enpass setup. From there, I was able to add the sync connection using the same url/credentials. So, it does not seem like the initial WebDAV at setup is working...

As soon as I update Enpass 5 to Enpass 6.0.1 on Windows 10 or Enpass 6.0.2 on my Macbook Pro (Mojave) or Enpass 6.0.0 on my iphone (iOS 12.1.2) The webDAV sync fails.

I keep the Enpass database (sync_default.walletx) in my Synology DS1817+ with the following firmware installed DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 4

None of my devices (iphones, windows computers, mac computers) will sync through webDAV with my synology server. The only change I have made was upgrade each one of my devices to Enpass 6.

In the Mac OS X Mojave App Store, you guys have Enpass version 6.0.2 with the caption "this fixes webDAV sync problems". Well I updated to this version and I still cannot sync.

Please help, I have all of my passwords and life in this Enpass database and it is critical that I can get this syncing again.

Thank you for a great product you guys. I know you will be able to get this bug figured out. Let me know if there is any more information you need from me to get this figured out.

Hello Vinod

I'am a new User by enpass. Thanks a lot for the Version 6 - thats great.

But the new iOS version (6.0.1) have a bug with the webdav-sync.

When you will connecting an existing vault (on a webdav-server), then don't found enpass the enpass-data. When you make the same with the desktop-version, then will found enpass the data.

A new vault can the iOS-App on the webdav-server create. But, when you disconnect this vault, then you can't connect the same vault again. Is the same problem how above.

Thanks for your help

Hi Vinod,

I run in WebDAV sync problems, when the Vault-File was created on Windows 10 (Version 6.0.2) or Mac (Version 6.0.2). The Enpass iOS App (Version  6.0.1) can't find the Vault-File. The Desktop Version works well.

I also identified an workaround for this sync issue:
1) Create on Enpass iOS an new empty Vault-File without sync/restoring
2) Config WebDAV sync and merge Vault-File

Hello Vinod,

I spoke too soon about everything working. One of my iphone's (iOS 12.1.2) syncs with the Enpass database located on my synology DS1817+. And my Windows 10 Desktop and Mac OS X Mojave sync with the Enpass database (vault.enpassdbsync) located on my Synology DS1817+ as well. The problem I run into is when I try to sync my wife's iphone and my ipad. I get the following error (please see attached picture.)

So everything Syncs including one iOS device. When I try to sync more than one iOS device I get a WebDAV error. 1885739604_EnpassWebDAVErrorMessage.thumb.jpg.cf59f3c1a7a9e1ebf080d944fbaef4e5.jpg

Hi @JohnJohnson, Is it the same WebDAV folder where you have previously synchronized your data from Enpass 6?

@dieTausendsassa As I said earlier

On 1/7/2019 at 4:35 PM, Vinod Kumar said:

Sorry for inconvenience. This is due to the fact an iPhone an app update with WebDAV related fixes is still pending. Desktop are having that fix though.

Please wait for update.

Thanks.

Hi @Vinod Kumar

@JohnJohnsondescribes the same problem at me (post from yesterday). It is the same folder (and vault) where i have previously synchronized with Enpass 6.

Thanks

30 minutes ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi @JohnJohnson, Is it the same WebDAV folder where you have previously synchronized your data from Enpass 6?

@dieTausendsassa As I said earlier

Please wait for update.

Thanks.

Webdav seems to be broken - again:

What I have done:
Install the new app on my iPhone (6.02) and sync with Webdav. All data from my Desktop-App appears on iPhone. 

Then I create a new Login-Key in enpass (Desktop) and sync. This entry appears on my iPhone

Delete this entry on my Mac and Sync.  Unfortunately this Login-Key still exist on my iPhone. 

Create a new Login-Key on my iPhone and sync. This entry doesn't appear on my mac

All new entries on the mac do not appear on the iphone and vice versa.

Edited by Emmitt