Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofill only working in Chrome

planetwilson

I have been using the v6 beta for a while and successfully logging in with the new autofill framework on Android Oreo/Pie on my Pixel 2 XL. However recently I can't get it to fire and show the dropdown at all in anything other than Chrome. I have tried Opera, Firefox and Brave browser and none of them work. I can switch on the accessibility method and that kind of works (although some of the browsers don't pass the URL back so you have to manually search)

I am having similar issue. Enpass seems only work with Chrome. Enpass is unable handle autofill in the apps that has built-in browser like Fastmail and Google assistant. I always have to bring LastPass back up to fill out the info. It is quite frustrating. LP is not perfect when it comes to autofill, but Enpass is way behind LP.

Hi all,

Android autofill framework supports autofill in browsers in Android P only. It is based on accessibility event internally and supports only browsers that provides it. Enpass can't overcome this in any capacity even with its own accessibly autofill.

If you are stuck in situation where autofill does't work in a browser or an app, use "Enpass Keyboard". It can fill more than just username and password in any app.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2019 at 2:37 AM, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi all,

Android autofill framework supports autofill in browsers in Android P only. It is based on accessibility event internally and supports only browsers that provides it. Enpass can't overcome this in any capacity even with its own accessibly autofill.

If you are stuck in situation where autofill does't work in a browser or an app, use "Enpass Keyboard". It can fill more than just username and password in any app.

Thanks.

Why do many other password managers handle these browsers correctly?  For instance, i also use safeincloud and it can auto fill in brave and Firefox on Android no problem.  Is there not a different api you could look into?

Edited by Roox
  • Like 2