Enpass Discussion Forum

Windows 10 Mobile

AndyMac

Yes, I am one of the few still using a Windows 10 Mobile device - but there are a few of us still out there! and the (automatic) upgrade to Enpass 6 on my Windows 10 PCs seems to have broken the sync with the Windows10 Mobile app. Are you going to provide some level of support for Windows 10 Mobile users or are you simply discarding them with this release?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So you indicate support for iOS, Android, and Desktop.  So I conclude you no longer support Windows Phone, is that correct?  If so, please say so explicitly on your web site so someone searching for that information gets a conclusive answer. Do you plan to offer support for Windows Phone now or in the future?

• Like 1

Gee, I notice that your question, which is the same question I have, apparently has been ignored for over a month, which probably means the answer is a big fat "go f--- yourselves."

I originally bought Enpass for all three mobile platforms because it was one of the very few options that worked cross-platform including Windows Mobile, which I also still use.

I don't expect Enpass to keep updating apps for dead platforms like WinMo or Blackberry, but it's inexcusable that the very next release after they abandoned WinMo app development breaks compatibility with all prior versions of the app.

Here's a feature suggestion, Enpass: how about a "compatibility mode" toggle in Enpass 6 that allows us to store our wallets in legacy (v5 and below) format to maintain compatibility with older devices stuck on Enpass v5? 

• Like 1

Older desktop version (on Windows 10) sync on on One Drive Enpass folder I also payed to upgrade to V6 that syncs on anoteher folder on One Drive on the path App/Enpass folder and with a different kind of file, so I was very stupid to pay 4,91 € to upgrade to an useless desktop version that doesn't sync anymore with my two windows phones. So I wanted the old version and my money back!!!!!!!

• Like 1

This is a show stopper for me as I need to be able to use the existing v5 database on OneDrive with the v6. If this is not possible then I simply cannot upgrade. If the new version can support a v5 vault then all good but I haven't found a way to this as Enpass complains it cannot find any compatible vaults.

I'm hoping Enpass will come to their senses and offer a backwards compatibility option and let V6 use V5 databases.

Unfortunately, there's no financial incentive for them to do it. Since Enpass is a one time purchase (vs. a subscription model), legacy users like us can't hurt them by leaving. Enpass already has my money for Windows UWP and Android, so "fix this or I'm not using your app anymore" is no threat to them, like it would be if I was threatening not to renew a subscription.

So, I guess we inadvertently discovered an inherent flaw for consumers in the buy-once vs. the subscription model...

Correct, I don't need to upgrade to V6 on my PC, but was duped into it and gladly paid for premium. Come to find out, it won't sync with V5 on win 10 mobile, so this is useless now. I'll gladly stay with V5 if there's a way to downgrade, and so, refund me for V6!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for acknowledging this, and discussing it, Vinod (and team).

Hopefully we will see some options made available, especially as Windows 10 Mobile users like myself could reasonably expect to be supported (at least not broken) by critical apps like Enpass until the end of 2019 if not some point in 2020, given the clear announcements around no more fixes after Dec 2019 and auto-backup and other services likely to start being shutdown around March 2020.

Personally, I am still hoping that Microsoft provide some mobile devices (aka Andromeda) given that Windows Phone/10 Mobile still have by far the best user experience - even if the app drought gets worse by the month.

I am another very disappointed user who paid good money for this app because of its support for Windows Phone.  Like the rest of you I now find that without warning the Desktop app no longer synchronises with my phone.  This is a terrible move from Enpass and disenfranchises many loyal customers.

Surely Enpass you must offer your paying customers some compatibility, or perhaps a refund, since the application no longer does what it was advertised as doing.

As a work-around, if you make sure you don't upgrade your Enpass desktop app to v6, then things will still sync with your phone.

I uninstalled all versions of Enpass on all my desktop computers, deleted all the Enpass folders in the Documents folder, then re-installed Enpass Desktop version 5.6.9.  Everything is syncing fine again now.  I'll just have to be very careful to ignore the version upgrade offers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 1:15 PM, David Rollinson said:

As a work-around, if you make sure you don't upgrade your Enpass desktop app to v6, then things will still sync with your phone.

I uninstalled all versions of Enpass on all my desktop computers, deleted all the Enpass folders in the Documents folder, then re-installed Enpass Desktop version 5.6.9.  Everything is syncing fine again now.  I'll just have to be very careful to ignore the version upgrade offers.

I'm also disappointed. I've rolled back my desktops and Android devices back to V5 to maintain compatibility with my Windows Mobile 10 devices (Lumia 950XL and HP Elite X3) which are still my daily devices.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:37 PM, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi all,

We are actively discussing it. Will update you.

Thanks.

Hi Vinod

So how did the discussion go?

Please be aware that many of us disheartened Windows Phone users will be unlikely to use Enpass in the future if we are left burnt.

regards

On 1/26/2019 at 1:15 PM, David Rollinson said:

Hi David

Were you able to use an old backup to get it up and running again?

regards

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:38 PM, whyohwhy said:

Hi David

Were you able to use an old backup to get it up and running again?

regards

From memory I believe the old v5 database was still present in Onedrive (a file called sync_default.walletx in a folder called Enpass), so once I reinstalled Desktop version 5.6.9 and told it to synchronise with Onedrive, it automatically brought my data back in.

Cheers, David

• 1 month later...

Still completely quiet - so can we assume absolutely no help at all from Enpass?

I know that it is probably impossible to do sync back to the previous version with all the changes (many of which are really useful) but some form of export either from within the app, or as a stand-alone (but easy to use) app/applet, directly to the sync target file could help lots of us - I know I almost never updated information directly on my phone even when the sync was there, and I could (effectively I am having to) live with the Windows Mobile app effectively being only a reader for the data.

• 2 months later...

So, I'm not alone. Should I be glad?

I've had to switch back to my Lumia 735 recently. Since it had Enpass installed, I've thought the app would sync data from Android phone. How I was surprised when it took only part of the data.

Well, is there a workaround yet?