Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync Error (conflict) - "trying to sync two different databases"

Monyker

I've been upgrading Enpass on my various devices (several Windows 10 systems, 1 Ubuntu system and my Android phone). Upgrades went without a hitch until my last computer to upgrade (Windows 10). After reconfiguring cloud sync (I use Dropbox), I get, "Sync Error" - "It seems you are trying to sync two different databases. After syncing your data will be merged with data on Dropbox." I'm offered two options: Disconnect or Merge.

BFJ9Qym.png

I'm not sure which is the best option. I'm leaning towards Disconnect, and letting Enpass rebuild (sync down) its local database. I added and changed a few entries on some of the other upgraded systems. The database on Dropbox should be the most current. I don't want a duplication mess, but I don't want to lose any entries, and I'm concerned about the significant discrepancy (554 local items vs 693 items in the Dropbox database). If I click Merge, will I be given the opportunity to review conflicts/duplicates and choose between items, or will that wholesale merge both databases and I will need to manually review and delete duplicates and stale/older entries?

Thank you!

Some folder redirection group policies apply to the system in question. After upgrading to Enpass 6, it reverted to some old database on a file share. We also have offline file policies for the redirected folders, which doesn't work well with Enpass. Once I realized what had happened, I used the Disconnect option and changed the Enpass data location to a local path. I closed Enpass, deleted the local dropbox sync and wallet databases, then launched Enpass and restored from the most recent local backup. I re-configured/connected Dropbox cloud sync and sync went swimmingly.