Enpass Discussion Forum

V6 Linux (64 bit) Update eating CPU and badly slowing UX

Anon

Hi support team,

Updated my Linux Lubuntu 18.10 (64 bit) with new Enpass V6.0.0.230 and then today with V6.0.1.239 and it's eating my CPU processing power after entering password. It especially locks up when entering into "Settings" section of application. As it stands the update is not very user friendly when accessing my passwords/logins and it's very slow. I don't know if any other users are experiencing this issue.

The machine is a 64 bit Acer Netbook D255e and CPU is a Intel Atom N455 (1.66GHz, 512KB cache), RAM 2GB. Sure its not a modern state of the art machine but Firefox v64 runs perfectly fine and so something certainly is not right with this new update.

CPU and RAM seems to be fine when program opens at password stage but as soon as I log in the UI appears to be eating up CPU % usage shoots up to extremely high percentages, RAM memory appears to be fine.

Regards

Anon

enpass_top_linux_lubuti18-10.jpg

Can't confirm this here. I'm running Enpass 6 on Gentoo Linux and have just upgraded from 6.0.0.230 to 6.0.1.230. I can see that Enpass goes up to 100+% for a short moment, also when entering "Settings", but then drops to values below 5% and quickly goes to 0%. Sure this machine is much more powerful, although it's an old Sandybridge Core i7.

Screenshot_20190104_194425.png