Enpass Discussion Forum

How to change Google Drive gmail account

skylark

I'm a new trial user of Enpass and used my public gmail account's Google Drive to test syncing across my tower Win10 PC, my Win10 Laptop and my android S8 phone.  (Public gmail account meaning the gmail account I use to access many forums.)

Now that I decided that I want to use Enpass as my permanent password manager, I want to change my Google Drive account to my private gmail account.  But I can't see how to do that in Enpass.  When I go to TOOLS in Enpass, I only see "Sync Now" but no way to change the sync account.  (I'm running Enpass 6.0.0 (230) on my two Win10 PCs.)

What's the procedure for changing the Google Drive account used for syncing?

Thanks.

I found that by going:  Menu > Settings > Vaults > Primary
that under "Synchronize" my Google Drive account for my public gmail address was listed.  I clicked disconnect and then it allowed setting up a new Google Drive under my private gmail address so I did that.

Now Enpass shows my private gmail address for Google Drive and it says "Last synchronized:  a few seconds ago" which looked good.  But when I open Google Drive for my private gmail account, it does not show the "sync_default.walletx" file in the root directory like my public gmail Google Drive does. 

QUESTIONS:

1. How can Enpass say "Last synchronized: a few seconds ago" when there is no "sync_default.walletx" file in the root directory of my private gmail Google Drive?

2. How can I get Enpass to store the "sync_default.walletx" file in my private gmail Google Drive?

Edited by skylark

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for your quick response.  I did what you said and yes, I do see "Enpass - Hidden app data: 80 KB".
In a way, now that you pointed out how it works, I kinda like that the data is hidden.  That much more security.

Thanks again,
Skylark

• 7 months later...