Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass does not load using windows 10 mobile

Vipami

I have the exactly same problem on my Lumia 640 with Windows 10 (update: I'm on 10586.218, it is the latest Windows 10 production version). The application crashes immediately it is started. The only way to start it again is to restart the phone. This happens all the time since new UWP version of Enpass App was introduced. Just to mention that I have integration with Onedrive enabled, it might help to pinpoint the problem. Once I restart the phone it works, some time later it stops working and phone restart is needed again to make it work.

BTW new UWP version looks and works great, except for this little annoyance. Looking forward to fix it.

Edited by BBKING
updating some info on software version

On 22 April 2016 at 5:26 PM, BBKING said:

I have the exactly same problem on my Lumia 640 with Windows 10 (update: I'm on 10586.218, it is the latest Windows 10 production version). The application crashes immediately it is started. The only way to start it again is to restart the phone. This happens all the time since new UWP version of Enpass App was introduced. Just to mention that I have integration with Onedrive enabled, it might help to pinpoint the problem. Once I restart the phone it works, some time later it stops working and phone restart is needed again to make it work.

BTW new UWP version looks and works great, except for this little annoyance. Looking forward to fix it.

Thanks for reporting the issue. Although our testing team is working to reproduce your issue but it will be really helpful if you can provide some more information like 

• specified time interval after which Enpass crashes.
  • does it stop crashing once you disable OneDrive syncing?

Thanks!

On 15 April 2016 at 5:59 PM, Vipami said:

My enpass app has stopped working on my windows mobile phone. The app tries to load and crashes.

To investigate it further, please share your phone details along with OS version. 

One of the possible cause of crashing might be the crashing of Windows Store Licensing API (Used by Enpass to fetch the user's purchase information from store at startup). Few of the users are affected by this issue.

We have a Beta version of Enpass that deals with this issue. So to confirm the cause of this issue, I suggest you to please contact us at support@enpass.io with a request to access the Beta through Package Flight providing us your Microsoft account ID through which you are currently logged into your Windows Store. Please also mention a link to this Forum topic in that Email.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem as BBKING - Enpass will not load on my Lumia 950 unless I reboot the phone. Then it works for a period then stops working ie won't load. My 950 is on version 10.0.10586.318. I also have a Lumia 1020 which is on the same version of the OS, but seems to be working OK. Looking forward to a solution...

On 20 May 2016 at 1:37 AM, cmonster said:

I've been having the same problem with my Lumia 640 ever since updating to the UWP version, even after installing and re-installing the UWP update several times.  It's running Windows 10 build 10.0.14295.1005.

This seems an issue where Windows UWP apps starts crashing at startup and works for a few days. Last week a new insider build i.e. 10.0.14342 for Windows 10 phones was released with a fix which prevents UWP apps from crashing at startup, for more details about this version check: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/05/16/announcing-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-14342/

Please checkout this new build and let us know if your problem is fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am on a production build 10586 and cannot test this build. Is there any chance this issue will be fixed by Enpass team? What is the cause of the crash? Can I change some settings on my phone to stop this from occurring?

Boris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @nixx,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We're currently investigating this issue and it occurs on some of the devices only without any predictability. Can you please let me know which OS version (If you are a Windows Insider user, please also mention the exact version) and Enpass version are you using?

Hi Anshu,

thanks for your very fast reply ! I am using Enpass v5.1.6, on Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.10586.494. No insider previews or anything.

I'm still using and loving Enpass by the way, I just hope this can be resolved - good to know that you guys are looking into it !

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for the info, @nixx.  We have observed that sometimes on Windows Phone, there are very unusual kind of issues so I need some more details for further investigation.

1. Have you notice any specific time interval after which the app starts crashing once you've rebooted your device?
  2. Which cloud sync are you using?
  3. Have you upgraded your device from Windows 8 OS to 10?
  4. How many total items are there in Enpass?
  5. After using Enpass, do you quit it or it keeps running in Background?
  6. At the time of crash, please observe if the internet is available in phone? (Asking to learn if it could be related to known issue in Microsoft Licensing API).
  7. Did you purchase Enpass from same country/store where you're using it now or you've switched the country in store?
  8. In which language and region are you using your device?

In case if you don't want to reveal this info in this public thread, you can personally message me too.

Cheers!

Hi Anshu,

Thanks for getting back to me. Here's some answers, I hope they help :

• Have you notice any specific time interval after which the app starts crashing once you've rebooted your device?
    I haven't so far, but I will try and see if I can find a pattern. It's a little hard because I 'll have to keep checking, but I 'll try and will update you if I succeed.

• Which cloud sync are you using?
    OneDrive

• Have you upgraded your device from Windows 8 OS to 10?
    Yes, 8.0 > 8.1 > 10

• How many total items are there in Enpass?
    Currently, 156.

• After using Enpass, do you quit it or it keeps running in Background?
    I always quit it. If I sometimes forget, I quit it the next time I see it open.

• At the time of crash, please observe if the internet is available in phone? (Asking to learn if it could be related to known issue in Microsoft Licensing API).
    Internet is almost always available at the time of the crash. There may have been a couple of times when it wasn't, but 9 times out of 10 it is.

• Did you purchase Enpass from same country/store where you're using it now or you've switched the country in store?
    Same country and store.

• In which language and region are you using your device?
    Language > English (United States), Region > Greece

Thank you again for your time and effort in looking into this !

I have exactly same problem. Enpass starts, asks for password and then says "validating" and then crashes...

I have Lumina 930 OS version 10.0.10586.494 and latest enpass. (I have tried uninstalling and re-installing from Win-store)

Would VERY much appreciate a solution, and also please notify when ready if possible.

many thanks for an otherwise great product!

Hi @HenkeV8,

Sorry to hear about about trouble. It seems that your problem might be different as discussed in above thread, so please provide some more details for further investigation.

• On which all devices (Along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Disable the internet connection and now try to open Enpass and let us know does Enpass gets crashed?

Hi, sorry for delay in response!

On which all devices (Along with OS version) are you using Enpass?

Lumina 930 - Win 10 mobile and MS Surface Pro - Win 10 pro

OneDrive

• Disable the internet connection and now try to open Enpass and let us know does Enpass gets crashed?

Yes, when no Inet (flight mode) it will crash immediately, with Inet it will take 10-15 sec (showing "validating") before it crashes just the same

Swedish/Sweden on phone, Swedish/US on computer

Sorry, It is not reproducing here in our labs. It seems everyone here is using production build. Microsoft has fixed a lot of internal crashing issues in insider builds. Anniversary update (production) is around the corner, which will be having these fixes. We would like to hear about the issue from you after that update.

@HenkeV8 your problem is seems unique, please send a email to support team and let us assist you to fix the issue. 

Hi,

I'm contacting you again. Meanwhile I've updated W10M on my Lumia 640 to 14393.5 and the issue is still present - app crashes immediately after starting, need to reboot the phone to make it work again for a while (6 hours or so).

My answers to the questions you prepared for Nixx:
- Have you notice any specific time interval after which the app starts crashing once you've rebooted your device?
-- 6hrs after first time logging in the app.

- Which cloud sync are you using?
--OneDrive, but it happens even if I disable sync.

-Have you upgraded your device from Windows 8 OS to 10?
--Yes, 8.0 > 8.1 > 10 (10586) > 10 (14393)

-How many total items are there in Enpass?
--Currently, 50

-After using Enpass, do you quit it or it keeps running in Background?
-- I keep it running.

-At the time of crash, please observe if the internet is available in phone? (Asking to learn if it could be related to known issue in Microsoft Licensing API).
--The crash happens even in airplane mode or when connected to WiFi or 3g, every time.

-Did you purchase Enpass from same country/store where you're using it now or you've switched the country in store?
--Not sure 100% but I think I didn't switched store.

-In which language and region are you using your device?
--Language > English (United States), Region > United States, Regional Format > Croatian

Hello @BBKING,

Thanks a lot for your time in providing enough details for diagnosing the issue. We tested it here and found that the problem comes with the Licensing API while starting Enpass. This happens because of unstable internet connection or no connection leading to failure in validating License of App using Windows Licensing API. And once your License gets invalidated, Windows Licensing API keep crashing followed by crashing of Enpass itself, until the phone is rebooted.

We are introducing a workaround for this (at our end) which will most probably be available in next update. Please bear with us.

On 6 August 2016 at 2:07 PM, BBKING said:

-- 6hrs after first time logging in the app.

Does it happen daily (at least once) and do you think that there might be problem with internet at that time?

Cheers!

• 1 month later...