Enpass Discussion Forum

untitled attachment XXXXX.enpasscard

ryanong

For some reason, after the new update, all my emails that I send from my gmail app on my phone  have an attachment with the name "untitled attachment XXXXX.enpasscard" where XXXXX is a 5 digit number.

Can anyone shed some light on this so I can fix it?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

That's really strange. We need some more information so that we can check what could be the possible reason for this unexpected behavior.

• Device and Android version.
  • Enpass version.
  • Does the issue occur when you share an item from Enpass app or send a new email from the Gmail app?
  • Have you created a Template or Signature for email that contains any .enpasscard file?
  • Does the issue occur every time you send an email?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've got the same issue here.

Here are the details:

Android 8.0.0 @ Asus_Z017D (ZenFone 3), Enpass 6.0.6.200.

I've been sending the e-mail as a reply via the Gmail app. Yes, there was a signature attached but has not contained any files in it and I didn't intend on attaching an enpass file. As for now, this is the only instance of this behavior.

EDIT:

I've just checked: It happens at least since the beginning of April.

EDIT again:

It seems, that the attachments are visible with MS Outlook (I haven't got any other e-mail app, so I can't check it), and I've found them on e-mails back up to June 2017! Guys, there's something really wrong there :)

Cheers,

Rafał

Edited by filozof
  • Thanks 1

An update there. I've installed Mozilla Thunderbird, to test the issue. Thunderbird does not show these attachments. Web-based email clients do not show them either.

So I've done some more testing. The issue is with MS Outlook and Enpass Password Manager UWP. I've uninstalled Enpass password manager and the attachments had shown up as ordinary txt files, containing the plain text of html message (exact copy without formatting).

Then I've installed Enpass win32 app, the issue doesn't occur. MS Outlook shows the attachments as txt files.

I think now, that there's a problem with file associations, that Enpass UWP or Outlook makes for text files/attachments.

EDIT:

I've shouldn't jump to the conclusion so fast. First I've restarted my computer, the attachments were shown as text files but after a while those files name extensions changes form txt to enpasscard. So it seems is not associated with Enpass app, but it's Windows issue.

Cheers,

Rafał

Edited by filozof
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have just noticed the same problem when sending email from iPhone (IOS 12.2).

When the mail is viewed in Outlook the unusual attachment untitled attachment XXXXX.enpasscard appears, where xxxxx is a five digit number.

Could you please advise?

Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just had this too.  I drafted an email in Thunderbird, edited the draft on my Android phone, and then updated the draft on Thunderbird again and this attachment was then present.

I've repreated this action and it does seem that the act of editing the draft on the phone is causing the attachment to appear.   If I just save the draft, close it and reopen it on Thunderbird on my PC, the attachment does not appear.

The file in my case was called "nsmail.enpasscard".

In Thunderbird it appears in the attachment box as "Attached Message Part", with the enpass logo preceding it.  In my case, hovering over the attachment showed the path "file:///C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Local/Temp/nsmail.enpasscard"

I opened this with notepad++ and the contents appear to be the email draft itself.

The mail app on my phone is the standard email app on my Galaxy S8, v6.1.01.0.  Enpass version on Android is 6.3.4.298

Rob

Edited by RobS
Fix typos